Kraton 6s Beefcake 1/10 Kraton Build 💪 3s BLX Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the inside of the rear diff housing was actually fine. No sand (or metal shavings) except the internal gears felt a little crunchy. I opened up the diff case, and found... a blown bearing. Found the inner and outer race, but no balls. :unsure: Cleaned the diff out completely, ran a nail inbetween each tooth on each gear. Nothing. Maybe they were ground up, and mixed in with the oil? :unsure:
Rear Diff.jpg

Anyways, I cleaned all the old oil out, put a new TRBRC bearing in, and filled it with 30k traxxas oil. Don't be mad. 🤣
Diff Internal Bearing.jpg

Here's a closer look at the custom driveshafts. Maybe I need a pair for the front, if that would work...
Custom Driveshafts.jpg

Last edited:
I re-did the T2T tower brace. V2, still going to change it a bit. Want to pretty it up, make it a little lighter, and make the dampening system more compact.
:unsure:
It's made with 3 main parts, two chunks of aluminum tubing, and 6" chunk of all-thread. Maybe i'll take some better pictures so you can see how it works better.

The two rubber chunks aren't for dampening, though they will provide a little, I used them for spacers. I'm going to find some stiff tubing to use though.
I can add washers to the left side of the spring to stiffen it.
I can also move them from the left side of the spring, to the right side of the spring to limit how far the brace can compress.:cool:

Please give me any suggestions if you have any. (y)
T2T Chassis Brace V2.jpg
T2T Chassis Brace V2 2.jpg
T2T Chassis Brace V2 3.jpg
T2T Chassis Brace V2 4.jpg

T2T Chassis Brace V3! 💪
T2T Chassis Brace V3.jpg

So I had a lot of extra popped stock driveshafts, drilled a couple out, made them into spacers. Works pretty well actually. Very compact and light. I replaced the rubber spacers with them, and shimmed it up. (y)
Chassis Brace Spacer.jpg
T2T Chassis Brace V3 2.jpg

Next paint it? Would that work? Would it look good? What color? :unsure:
I appreciate any suggestions and/or criticism.

Is there a reason you didn’t just get the T2T brace from the 4S rigs?

Glad she is in good hands sir. Sorry for the little mishaps here and there. Also I knew the shock shaft was not all the way in and I swear I fixed it, guess I didn't fix it enough. And I was thinking about how to do the fronts, I didn't invest a ton of time in thinking about it but the main thing that stopped me is I couldn't run the 6s hubs on the front.

Glad she is in good hands sir. Sorry for the little mishaps here and there. Also I knew the shock shaft was not all the way in and I swear I fixed it, guess I didn't fix it enough. And I was thinking about how to do the fronts, I didn't invest a ton of time in thinking about it but the main thing that stopped me is I couldn't run the 6s hubs on the front.
Nope! Your good. Whenever I buy things second hand, I expect it to be a little worse than described. (Known or not known by the seller.) That way, when nothing, or not as much things are wrong with it as I was expecting, I'm happier, and I'm not upset that it's worse. 🤷‍♂️ A little something my dad taught me. It's all in your mindset.:cool: I had all the spares on hand to fix everything though, so perfectly fine. I enjoyed taking it apart and cleaning etc. (y)

My thought is to make it an actual Kraton. I want to widen it with Kraton 4s arms and turnbuckles, and Kraton 6s tires. Yeah, it's gonna be spendy(for me), might be a while before I can actually do it. Here's my parts list, most parts will be from my LHS.

My only concern is the Kraton 6s tires being too big. Has anyone done this before?

Needed:
-RPM Front A-arms
-RPM Rear A-arms
-GPM turnbuckles and camber links
-Arrma 4s CVD's
-4s C-Hubs
-4s Steering Blocks
-4s Rear Hubs
-Kraton 6s tires

Possible Parts:
-Fast Eddy Bearings
-K4 Rear Wing
-Body Protection Kit

If anyone has any of these parts and wants to sell, I'd be glad buy them to save a little money.

By widening it, the current driveshafts won't fit. I'll probably throw them on my Typhon 3s. ;)

Nope! Your good. Whenever I buy things second hand, I expect it to be a little worse than described. (Known or not known by the seller.) That way, when nothing, or not as much things are wrong with it as I was expecting, I'm happier, and I'm not upset that it's worse. 🤷‍♂️ A little something my dad taught me. It's all in your mindset.:cool: I had all the spares on hand to fix everything though, so perfectly fine. I enjoyed taking it apart and cleaning etc. (y)

My thought is to make it an actual Kraton. I want to widen it with Kraton 4s arms and turnbuckles, and Kraton 6s tires. Yeah, it's gonna be spendy(for me), might be a while before I can actually do it. Here's my parts list, most parts will be from my LHS.

My only concern is the Kraton 6s tires being too big. Has anyone done this before?

Needed:
-RPM Front A-arms
-RPM Rear A-arms
-Arrma 4s CVD's
-4s C-Hubs
-4s Steering Blocks
-4s Rear Hubs
-Kraton 6s tires

Possible Parts:
-Fast Eddy Bearings
-K4 Rear Wing
-Body Protection Kit

If anyone has any of these parts and wants to sell, I'd be glad buy them to save a little money.

By widening it, the current driveshafts won't fit. I'll probably throw them on my Typhon 3s. ;)
That thing will turn into a beast! Sounds like a good time to me 😎

That thing will turn into a beast! Sounds like a good time to me 😎
Yeah, I'm selling my smaller cars to fund it, but I'd much rather have a bulletproof overpowered basher that I can send without worry than a few cars that will break a lot. I know i'll still have to upgrade things, but it's already pretty beefed up. (y)

Needed:
-RPM Front A-arms
-RPM Rear A-arms
-Arrma 4s CVD's
-4s C-Hubs
-4s Steering Blocks
-4s Rear Hubs
-Kraton 6s tires

Possible Parts:
-Fast Eddy Bearings
-K4 Rear Wing
-Body Protection Kit

The Kraton 6S tires are ….ok….. but the Backflips are for sure better. Either style, the 4S LP or 6S Regular are way better than the Copperheads. The 4S are going to be the best fit if you ask me, but the 6S should fit. I just think they’re too heavy for that size truck. But to each his own.

The Kraton 6S tires are ….ok….. but the Backflips are for sure better. Either style, the 4S LP or 6S Regular are way better than the Copperheads. The 4S are going to be the best fit if you ask me, but the 6S should fit. I just think they’re too heavy for that size truck. But to each his own.
Okay, I'll probably start with the oc6 tires since I can get them from Jenny's for cheap. If they're too heavy, I'll get the oc4 tires. Thanks!

Got some eBay C-Hubs and 110mm ZD racing shocks from @travykat today.
Even though I'm going to have to change the c-hubs, I still installed them. I'll probably move them over to my T3 once I get the K4 set.

Forgot to take a picture after I installed both sides. lol.
Shocks and C-hubs.jpg

Before:
ShcksChbs Before 1.jpg
ShcksChbs Before.jpg

After:
ShcksChbs After.jpg
ShcksChbs After .jpg

C-hub.jpg

Got some eBay C-Hubs and 110mm ZD racing shocks from @travykat today.
Even though I'm going to have to change the c-hubs, I still installed them. I'll probably move them over to my T3 once I get the K4 set.

Forgot to take a picture after I installed both sides. lol.
View attachment 174543

Before:
View attachment 174544View attachment 174545

After:
View attachment 174541View attachment 174540
View attachment 174542
Looking good I didn't evan kno they fit on that rig nice 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back