Kraton 6s - big gap, front bulkhead/too plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCAlex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Looking for some thoughts on this one…. My front diff is done, input gear/sun gear (the big one on the diff) got chewed up. Maybe on a bad landing.

Anyway, look at these pics. Am I missing something? The chassis was a bit bent, but it looks all good now. I had to apply some pressure to bend the chassis to get the top plate to screw down into the bulkhead and the steering standoffs.

Check the pics… let me know.

(Sooo many issues with diffs in this rig. I upgraded the rear to EXB, ordered another EXB diff for the front.)

7B9FA3A8-7071-4916-8869-03722C7853BC.jpeg

8E420870-8BCB-4034-8A66-50964BF65794.jpeg

Hey all! Looking for some thoughts on this one…. My front diff is done, input gear/sun gear (the big one on the diff) got chewed up. Maybe on a bad landing.

Anyway, look at these pics. Am I missing something? The chassis was a bit bent, but it looks all good now. I had to apply some pressure to bend the chassis to get the top plate to screw down into the bulkhead and the steering standoffs.

Check the pics… let me know.

(Sooo many issues with diffs in this rig. I upgraded the rear to EXB, ordered another EXB diff for the front.)

View attachment 240121

View attachment 240122
I think you over-straighten the chassis.

All 6s chassis have a "Kickup" at the front.

Pics of what it should look like :
F777F84A-4F81-4444-89C8-547CF655A7D2.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back