6s blx 2050kv brushless motor bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
The bearings in my senton motor blx kv2050 blew apart ,, Most of the time I'm running it in sand , which is probably the reason the bearings went out , that being said , any recommendations on a good set of bearings that will hold up in sand

Call Boca bearing!!! Just put them in my castle 1515

I run in a lot of sand also. Do you close up the other mounting holes that you aren't using when the motor is mounted up? I'm thinking of putting something in them because when I changed the bearings in my motor there was so much sand in it.
IMAG1396.jpg
IMAG1397.jpg

I run in a lot of sand also. Do you close up the other mounting holes that you aren't using when the motor is mounted up? I'm thinking of putting something in them because when I changed the bearings in my motor there was so much sand in it. View attachment 14492 View attachment 14493

I run in a lot of sand also. Do you close up the other mounting holes that you aren't using when the motor is mounted up? I'm thinking of putting something in them because when I changed the bearings in my motor there was so much sand in it. View attachment 14492 View attachment 14493

The bearings in my senton motor blx kv2050 blew apart ,, Most of the time I'm running it in sand , which is probably the reason the bearings went out , that being said , any recommendations on a good set of bearings that will hold up in sand
No I didn't close up the other holes, but will now , and I'll give those bearings a try ,,thanks

Do you think it's a good idea? I don't want to effect any venting the motor might need. I have been trying to call castle all weekend but I guess cause of the holiday they aren't answering. When I talk to them tomorrow I'll put up what they said. I'm thinking I'm going to use gray rtv cause it's high heat and sensor safe. Plus if I ever need to open them back up I can just run a tap through them.

Sounds good, I'll wait to see what they say, thanks for the advice

Ok, I talked to them. They said it is fine and you can just put some tape over the extra holes if you want to keep stuff out. I'm going to use some high temp rtv gray stuff cause it's sensor safe and won't fall off. He said that's fine. Just don't use anything that will fall into the motor when it gets hot.

I have already replaced the motor with a castle momba monster 2, but will also rebuild my blx for a backup , thanks for the info. I will give it a try on both of my cars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back