Kraton 6s blx185 anyone seen this before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I took this stupid kraton in on a trade, that should have never happened.. but thats beside the point..

got it all together, tossed batteries in it, and no go.. no nothing, started messing with the esc switch and could hear arcing in the switch, with some faint movement of the esc fan...

pulled the switch apart and found what you see below, this thing was arcy,sparky for some time apparently... im not sure if the switch took a hit or what.. but has anyone had the switch crap out on thier blx185?

Im in the process of cleaning it up now, and seeing if i can get it to work again..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200331-152013_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-152013_Gallery.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20200331-152040_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-152040_Gallery.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 116
I would think that would clean up well and I would put some dielectric grease on it before assembly. If it’s not making good contact then, squeeze the tabs just a touch.

I would think that would clean up well and I would put some dielectric grease on it before assembly. If it’s not making good contact then, squeeze the tabs just a touch.

i think your phsycic.. cause thats exactly what im doing to it.. every word you spoke... ?

I’ve had a BLX185 switch go out on me a couple months ago. It started off during a pack and would randomly cut power after a landing making me have to switch the power off then on again. By the end of the run it didn’t want to stay on at all no matter what position the switch was in. I ended up cutting the switch off and hard wiring 2 of the 3 wires together to where it turns on and off when I plug or unplug a lipo. Been working fine ever since and I’ll eventually get around to soldiering on a new switch one day when its apart for maintenance

I’ve had a BLX185 switch go out on me a couple months ago. It started off during a pack and would randomly cut power after a landing making me have to switch the power off then on again. By the end of the run it didn’t want to stay on at all no matter what position the switch was in. I ended up cutting the switch off and hard wiring 2 of the 3 wires together to where it turns on and off when I plug or unplug a lipo. Been working fine ever since and I’ll eventually get around to soldiering on a new switch one day when its apart for maintenance

that was definetly my next step if the switch didnt work.. ? the small thin folded switch contacts were pretty beat, on the switching "on" side of them.. one finger was even melted off.. ?.. but because the top portion is wide and flat i just folded it in the middle regaining not all but some contact on that one.. tossed it back together and it does work.. ill have to grab a switch and just have it on the ready...?cause im sure it will do the same as you described after a couple sends...

It’s an honor to have your stamp of approval ??

trust me boy! you don't need anyones stamp of approval, your on it like flys on sh!t! ???

thats why i love this forum! you guys are awsome! ?

Looks like the BLX 100 inside switch! I saw that on BLX 100 of my son's Typhon; scrap switch

IMG_2006 (2).JPG

So, I did a soldering job for linking the 2 sides of 3 little braces... Guess what, it works. I mean, the on/off button won't work again, but the power is still A+.
It mean also that you can't anymore bind the speed controler.
I've talk about that last year;
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/no-more-on-off-button-on-typhon-3s.13425/

I've had a BLX185 switch to bad bit never took it apart. My issue was it wouldn't go into calibration or program mode.

first off sir.. im sorry to hear your mom is not doing well...?

second, thanks for taking the time to reply... ? do you think your switch failed from jumping? or just seemed like a button failure?

If you want, you can forget all these problems and send the car my way. I'll send money in return! ??. But seriously.

Last edited:
If you want, you can forget all these problems and send the car my way. I'll send money in return! ??. But seriously.

id be happy to sell it to you...?? seriously.. ??

if I understand correctly, if the sped controler is gone, you have to change the esc...? thanks

The ESC and Speed controller are different names on the same thing. :)
But yes, if it releases it´s magic smoke or dies.. it´s time to change it.

ESC = Electronic Speed Controller as opposed to the old MSC in the 80:s and early 90:s.. (Kyoshos variant being one of the better).

if I understand correctly, if the sped controler is gone, you have to change the esc...? thanks

In this particular case, yes. You need the on/off and the set button to bind the SC with the ESC.
So I warned my son to be careful with his SC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back