Notorious 6s cutting out ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazyo17

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have a notorious 6s and it keeps cutting out , but steering works but truck just stops dead , I have to turn it off , then turn it back on to get it running again , then after a little while it does the same thing does anybody know why and what causes this to happen ?

Low voltage cutoff

Hi I’m very new to this what is low voltage cut off and how can I correct this please
If your batteries are low it will cut off at a certain voltage, if you get a high temp on the esc it will do the same. You can check the settings on it through the manual or a hobbywing programming card. Make sure your batteries are fully charged and buy a cheap temp gun to check temps on your esc. did you gear the truck up?

Sounds to me like it's going into thermal shutdown as LVC will still allow the truck to move but at like 25%. Where as thermal stops the truck besides the steering. I'd check that your ESC fan is working and make sure to check your temp and maybe take a break after 7-8 minutes and let everything cool down then go back to it👍

Hi it was all set up buy the shop I got it from , I will have to check with them to confirm this and as it’s all new to me I was not aware about needing heat gun or a programming card so this is something I will have to see about getting , so glad you have told me about this
Sounds to me like it's going into thermal shutdown as LVC will still allow the truck to move but at like 25%. Where as thermal stops the truck besides the steering. I'd check that your ESC fan is working and make sure to check your temp and maybe take a break after 7-8 minutes and let everything cool down then go back to it👍
Hi thanks for your advice I will talk to the shop about this issue , when I first got it , it never did this at all , so was very confused to why it suddenly started to do this but seems like I have a lot to learn about this and so grateful for your input

Hot temperature for sure if is a new truck east coast getting hot

Ok ok so talk to ur H.S or.kevin Talbot in youtube or harbored rc great channels.here in the USA really.informative razor rc

Ok ok so talk to ur H.S or.kevin Talbot in youtube or harbored rc great channels.here in the USA really.informative razor rc
Hi thanks for your advice , my HS thinks it’s the battery’s need balancing so going to try a programmer first to see if this works but will have a look at Kevin Talbot aswell to get some more input

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back