6s diff issue, need help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I’ve been assembling a notorious that I got used. When I test drove it a little bit ago the front wheels go forward and the real wheels go backwards. What I need to know… is the rear differential wrong or center diff? I’m hoping that it’s something as simple as flipping something that was put in backwards?

I’ve been assembling a notorious that I got used. When I test drove it a little bit ago the front wheels go forward and the real wheels go backwards. What I need to know… is the rear differential wrong or center diff? I’m hoping that it’s something as simple as flipping something that was put in backwards?
Diff ring gear is Backwards. Diff ring gear face left when installed in the car.

Last edited:
I know it’s funny, but I’ve been working on this car forever. I would like to at least drive it where it actually went One Direction or the other, not just sitting there making noise. I did not work on or assemble these two differentials or the centr one. I just put them back in. So I’m confused as usual.
Diff ring is Backwards. Diff ring gear face left when installed in the car.
So on the rear differential, the differential was put in the housing backwards?

I know it’s funny, but I’ve been working on this car forever. I would like to at least drive it where it actually went One Direction or the other, not just sitting there making noise. I did not work on or assemble these two differentials or the centr one. I just put them back in. So I’m confused as usual.
I have gotten lucky with putting the diffs in the wrong way.

Not say shaming you for putting it in backwards, the way described was pretty funny to me.

Last edited:
I have gotten luck with putting the diffs in the wrong way.

Not say shaming you for putting it in backwards, the way described was pretty funny to me.

I actually didn’t put them in Housing so it’s okay lol. If I wasn’t so tired of working on this car id be laughing trust me.

So the rear differential…I need to open it up and flip it? That’s all?

I actually didn’t put them in Housing so it’s okay lol. If I wasn’t so tired of working on this car id be laughing trust me.

I would think so and when I get confused or twisted around...time for a YT video to see how it did come out so I can fix my error :)

Now I take pics with my phone at each stage so I can have a record.

Yes just flip the rear diff.

Left side when your facing it, not car left.

Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate your help as always and I’m glad I made a few of you chuckle. The good thing about all this difficulty is by the time I’m done with this one car I am really going to know it inside and out. Just like with my 3s cars.

I’ll fix it up tomorrow. I’m rather done with it today 😂
I would think so and when I get confused or twisted around...time for a YT video to see how it did come out so I can fix my error :)

Now I take pics with my phone at each stage so I can have a record.
I actually do that too. But I didn’t assemble these differentials. Man, I really appreciate everybody’s help and how fast y’all responded. That moment of confusion when I pulled the trigger and the car was making noise, the wheels were moving but it was just sitting there… I wish my wife had been around to take a picture of my face 🙃

I didn’t open up the diffs this time. I will soon though, just wanted to get it running and finally it is! Reversing the diff worked and it was surprisingly easy to access. Did a brief test run and the Noto moves nicely. I’ll run it tomorrow, listen for clicks and clacks and go from there. Again thank you guys and I’ll have more questions soon when I open the diffs 🤪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back