6s esc fan question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Dylan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Noob question here:

I bought a used Noto with stock electronics. I've been driving for a few weeks now and I've never heard the fan come on once. I don't beat the crap out of it but my other Hobbywing XR8 g2 fan is on all the time. Is the Spektrum fan supposed to be on all the time or does it come on at a set temperature and I'm just not hitting it? Thanks.

Those stock fans suck! Probably broke.

Just to confirm, the stock fan should run all the time?
They’re quiet. Like really quiet since they don’t move much air. You said you don’t hear it so that makes sense. Rip the car around a bit and then pop the lid and see if it’s running.

Just to confirm, the stock fan should run all the time?

Yes, it should be ON when you turn it on.

So it's probably dead as a doornail.
You should look into getting a 35mm to 40mm fan Adapter so you can install a much better Fan!

Darn, it's dead. I'm going to replace it then sell the esc/motor combo as I have a HW combo coming in. Any idea what a used 6s combo should sell for (with new fan)? Thanks everyone

Check the classifieds here.
Actually love those ESC way more than the HW, but your call.
You can simply buy a 30mm alu frame fan, just installed one today in mine, fan blade was broken.
Slight modification to the fan cover, but works just fine.

Replace the fan and bash on! Then you have a hobbywing spare. I have replaced so many esc fans... :cool:

35mm to 40mm Adapter (installed on Top of stock ESC casing.)

1674536956415.png

This is with the Casing Delete Raiser (if you want Maximum air flow.)

1674537171872.png

1674537195836.png

1674537351290.png

Noob question here:

I bought a used Noto with stock electronics. I've been driving for a few weeks now and I've never heard the fan come on once. I don't beat the crap out of it but my other Hobbywing XR8 g2 fan is on all the time. Is the Spektrum fan supposed to be on all the time or does it come on at a set temperature and I'm just not hitting it? Thanks.

Keep the ESC as posted until or if it ever dies and get a good fan. Stock fans suck... Tex makes good adapters, and many to be found online. A good 40mm fan is what I recommend. Summer heat is coming.

I do not like the low profile 40mm fans removed those but here is a pic:
1674537780881.png

No running Radio Control tall 40mm fans that are 8.4v powered from the ESC. Super powerful
1674537856895.png

For road bashing I do use the 28 mm height fans as in the picture. They will not hold up on my bashers, too much mass in blades and fans, using the 10 mm height exclusively for jumps etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back