Kraton 6S Hard case vs soft case (for Kraton v4)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardcase only!
20191017_134247.jpg

F zee lipos 4mm too big only way to mount them is to lift the front retainer up of its lock or remove it
Remove the front retainer if you have to. The strap will still hold it in.

F zee lipos 4mm too big only way to mount them is to lift the front retainer up of its lock or remove it
If you remove it, just get another Velcro strap and fish it under the battery tray. I wouldn't recommend running it without the front retainer without the extra strap unless you only plan on lightly bashing.

Dear Arrmy,
I've just sold my Granite and (hard case 3S) and about to order the V4 Kraton and a battery.
Soft pack 6S batts are considerably cheaper than hard packs.
If soft packs are safe, then why are hardpacks even a thing?
Should I spend the extra to get a hardpack?

My likely usage: park/field runs with jumps no higher 4 feet high, carpark speed runs... so likely crashes will be generally limited to cartwheels and the odd tree that jumps out of nowhere . I will 100% NOT be doing R_duperbash or RCdude81 type driving.

Please kindly advise... I have tried my best to search this forum.
Many thanks.
but I don't think they make 6s hard case batteries at all but i can be wrong ? Because i see picture now ? above in the topic ??

If you remove it, just get another Velcro strap and fish it under the battery tray. I wouldn't recommend running it without the front retainer without the extra strap unless you only plan on lightly bashing.
Ordered them thats what im going to do. those zee lipos look sick
The retainer is still usable but its not longer clipped in on the side of the baterry tray but lifter 4-5mm from the maximum hight
That baterry tray is really impressive but i need to do the tray mod i think don't want it to get ripped apart

I ordered the 4s version but soft pack... I'm I screwed?
No, soft packs are ok, but they can fold in a wreck or bad landing, if they eject they can also get damaged. That's why I buy hardcase.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back