Typhon 6s is too much lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigchet91

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
So.... first run on my new v4 typhon 6s and 10 mins in I blew a tire out. Any recommendations on tire combos I should get that can handle the power?

Proline Mx Badlands are really good but pretty expensive.
For the dirt I use theses big block mx pattern (proline MX copies) from ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8-Scal...537016?hash=item33db988178:g:d6MAAOSwKzxc3jzi

The inserts they come with are usually pretty naff and I wouldnt bother using them... but the tyres are great value. There are a few different versions/manufacturers but all pretty similar. Loads more traction, a lot longer lasting than the Katars and inexpensive... Perfect for bashing.

For onroad I'll let someone else make some recommendations as I don't do much of that..

A lot of tyre problems come from not venting through the rubber tyre face. See one of the many venting threads on here for details.

For inserts I find the red (soft?) AKA inserts are good.

Last edited:
Rear right.. blew the foam right out.
Proline Mx Badlands are really good but pretty expensive.
For the dirt I use theses big block mx pattern (proline MX copies) from ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8-Scal...537016?hash=item33db988178:g:d6MAAOSwKzxc3jzi

The inserts they come with are usually pretty naff and I wouldnt bother using them... but the tyres are great value. There are a few different versions/manufacturers but all pretty similar. Loads more traction, a lot longer lasting than the Katars and inexpensive... Perfect for bashing.

For onroad I'll let someone else make some recommendations as I don't do much of that..

A lot of tyre problems come from not venting through the rubber tyre face. See one of the many venting threads on here for details.

For inserts I find the red (soft?) AKA inserts are good.
Those are nice.. not horribly expensive ?

So.... first run on my new v4 typhon 6s and 10 mins in I blew a tire out. Any recommendations on tire combos I should get that can handle the power?
Work your Throttle finger better. That may help. All tires will blow at some point. You will rarely wear out the treads before they are gonners.
you are not alone. Make sure to add an extra bead of tire glue around the beads. Sometimes they are not glued well from mfr. Been there. BTW I balance all my wheels for what its worth. Helps. Venting at the treads and closing off the wheel vents with tape also helps. All start to do this after we discover tires are NOT cheap.

If you blew a rear were you doing doughnuts?
No.. was coming out of a slide hot. Lol
Work your Throttle finger better. That may help. All tires will blow at some point. You will rarely wear out the treads before they are gonners.
you are not alone. Make sure to add an extra bead of tire glue around the beads. Sometimes they are not glued well from mfr. Been there. BTW I balance all my wheels for what its worth. Helps. Venting at the treads and closing off the wheel vents with tape also helps. All start to do this after we discover tires are NOT cheap.
Ordered new wheel/tires so I’ll. Vent and go over with glue before I run them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back