Kraton 6s Kraton BLX M2C diff upgrade question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Noob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm going to be upgrading the diff outdrives since I completely mangled one and figured I would go with the M2C route. And figured I would replace the Input Shaft Cup while at it.

From the explody view the stock parts:
- ARAC4011 -- Diff Outdrives
- ARA310977 -- Input Shaft Cup

From the M2C Site, the parts are:

- M2C 3186 ARRMA INPUT SHAFT CUP F/R​

- M2C 3402 ARRMA EXB 6S DIFFERENTIAL OUT DRIVES

Is this right? I have the Kraton 6s BLX v5. Basically i'll be doing front and rear diffs with the M2C stuff.

I'm going to be upgrading the diff outdrives since I completely mangled one and figured I would go with the M2C route. And figured I would replace the Input Shaft Cup while at it.

Is this right? I have the Kraton 6s BLX v5. Basically i'll be doing front and rear diffs with the M2C stuff.

You got it. That’s what you need.

Exb outdrives are different from BLX, your gonna wanna double check that..

Ah ok thank you!!! So below would be the correct pieces then.

M2C 3185 ARRMA 6S 5mm DIFFERENTIAL OUT DRIVES​

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...IAL-OUT-DRIVES/p/478044798/category=136154758

M2C 3186 ARRMA INPUT SHAFT CUP F/R​

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...-SHAFT-CUP-F-R/p/478044610/category=136127923

Yea the website is kinda confusing because it has an "Kraton 6s" section, and a "Kraton V5" section. Since I have a Kraton 6s V5 I assume that all pieces from both categories will work, but need to watch out for the EXB ones.

Last edited:
Ah ok thank you!!! So below would be the correct pieces then.

M2C 3185 ARRMA 6S 5mm DIFFERENTIAL OUT DRIVES​

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...IAL-OUT-DRIVES/p/478044798/category=136154758

M2C 3186 ARRMA INPUT SHAFT CUP F/R​

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...-SHAFT-CUP-F-R/p/478044610/category=136127923

Yea the website is kinda confusing because it has an "Kraton 6s" section, and a "Kraton V5" section. Since I have a Kraton 6s V5 I assume that all pieces from both categories will work, but need to watch out for the EXB ones.
Yea. Now it looks right. :LOL:

I noticed the stock input shaft had a sleeve over it. Since im going with the M2C one, do I need a sleeve over that? I don't see any sleeves on the M2C site for it.

Anyone know where I can purchase

19mm x 13mm x 0.2mm Shims​

Basically to shim up the main input gear in the front diff case. Saw a video of a dude putting one of those behind the bearing and it closed the gap nicely.

No sleeve required for the M2c input cup.
These shims will perform the same function, but are placed between the input gear and the bearing. EBay, sorry no link to share.
0782C6BA-355C-44AA-BBF0-37DF48EE59C1.jpeg

Sweet dude ty!!!

Edit: 8 x 12 x .2mm, seems way too big to go between the input gear and the bearing. Is there a picture or a video of how this would look? I'm newish to this shimming stuff so just trying to get as much information before I go buying stuff.

2nd Edit: Ok I think I understand now. I measured the thickness of that area around the input shaft and its 7.8mm and from what I can tell the teeth on the input shaft from one end to the other is 11.7ish. And i'm assuming from the Kyosho shims the readings of 8x12x0.2mm is the 8 is the inside diameter and the 12 is the outside diameter and the .2mm is the thickness. See im learning people! Baby steps! (if im wrong please correct me lol).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back