Kraton 6S KRATON ESC BLINKING RED LIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC700

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My Kraton 6s ESC is blinking fast red light.

I had some lights connected on a Y to the ESC with the fan. I didn't have the lights connected and so the connector wire got caught in the shaft cup of the center drive and shorted out the receiver? I think? I added a new receiver and is lit up when I power up the Kraton but the red blinking light continues to blink fast red. I tried calibrating but once I hit the A button the red light stops blinking and nothing else happens. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

GRC700

Rapid red flashes means the ESC is not receiving a signal from the receiver. Did you bind the new receiver?
Hi Guys, I am new on this forum. My arm they-on esc is blink fast red light. Throlte and steering is not working? The receiver ist blinking either. Any ideas on what it can be ? Br. Søren

Hi Guys, I am new on this forum. My arm they-on esc is blink fast red light. Throlte and steering is not working? The receiver ist blinking either. Any ideas on what it can be ? Br. Søren
Try re-binding the receiver

The problem is that the receiver do's not react and there is no red light in it ?
but sure I must find out the bind my receiver again :.-)

The problem is that the receiver do's not react and there is no red light in it ?
It may be a faulty receiver. Which version of car do you have? Is it a V4 or the newest V5? What numbers are on the receiver (SR315 or SRX200)?

Hi, The receiver is a SRX 200
IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

You'll need a bind plug to rebind the receiver. If after rebinding the receiver still does not work, it may be faulty

In all honesty though, this could be a blessing in disguise! The STX2 radio system has been known to be a very poor radio. This may be your opportunity to get a better radio system. I'm actually hoping it is the receiver at fault and nothing else

I have a Domborg Receiver and transmitter but the lights when I tried to instal it went gren but after 5 minutes the light stoppet
You'll need a bind plug to rebind the receiver. If after rebinding the receiver still does not work, it may be faulty

In all honesty though, this could be a blessing in disguise! The STX2 radio system has been known to be a very poor radio. This may be your opportunity to get a better radio system. I'm actually hoping it is the receiver at fault and nothing else
I have a Domborg Receiver and transmitter but the lights when I tried to instal it went gren but after 5 minutes the light stoppet
I tried another receiver on my car. And smoke came out of it.... So I think the ecu is toast ??

Last edited:
I tried another receiver on my car. And smoke came out of it.... So I think the ecu is toast ??

I’m having a very similar issue on my v5 Kraton, sr315 receiver. I put the receiver in bind mode, turn the transmitter on and nothing happens. Receiver keeps blinking orange.

I’m having a very similar issue on my v5 Kraton, sr315 receiver. I put the receiver in bind mode, turn the transmitter on and nothing happens. Receiver keeps blinking orange.

Read the manual for how to bind your radio to the receiver.

Spoke with Horizon support, turns out I have a bad servo. Possibly overdrawing power resulting in the esc shutting down, and the red fast blinking. Confirmed esc is fine by unplugging the servo from the receiver and powering up, I now have throttle response and no red blinking light.

Not sure if this helps the OP but wanted to share in case it does.

I had the same problem. Horizon gave me a new servo - new ECU - New remote and new receiver. Now it is function again ... but the STX 3 remote is garbage....

Back