Kraton 6s Kraton EXB coming soon! Please advice on rear diff setup!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo165

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Hi all mates, am waiting for mine Kraton 6s exb to show up.

Thus, please advice what should I do to have solid rear diff set up. Open or LSD for rear diff? Necessary to go for aluminium gearbox?

Thank you in advance! :)

Swap in a V5 bulkhead with full diff setup and ditch the exb diff ;)

I have done absolutely nothing to my exb except for slightly heavier fluids. I recommend you drive it before ripping it apart. Then figure out if you like how it handles or not and tune it from there.

Is the current batch of EXB come with LSD install on the rear with Minimum slip? Or Open diff with ARA311094 shims kit?

Come on bros, please advices. Definitely i will strip the rear diff to check on it. Just not sure which is the better solution.

Option 1: LSD with minimum slip set up, seen reviews of "bent" LSD plate due to the diff case not being flush.

Option 2: Open diff with ARA311094 thick washer. Yet to find any reviews on this setup if there is any issues.

I did the search prior to this post. There are many threads & posts, however i cannot seem to find any of the solid answer.

Razor RC said just shim the rear diff if needed

I don't own a Kraton, my Notorious don't have LSD.
But it is a bit confusing reading at Arrma webpages.
The Kraton EXB exploded view tell us that both Front and Rear diff now have LSD.
The front is setup with maximum LSD effect, and the rear with minimum LSD effect.
Sound good for me, don't know if that is correct?
The Kraton EXB user manual tell us that the rear don't have the LSD parts.
This is not good information Arrma... update the user manual if it is now LSD in both front and rear diff.

If the rear diff don't have the LSD, just buy a set of LSD (https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310984) they are cheap.
put it in the rear with minimum LSD effect configuration. And check that the front diff have LSD with maximum configuration.
Also check if any shims are needed, maybe outside.

Or just send Arrma an email and ask :)

Last edited:
Razor RC said just shim the rear diff if needed

I don't own a Kraton, my Notorious don't have LSD.
But it is a bit confusing reading at Arrma webpages.
The Kraton EXB exploded view tell us that both Front and Rear diff now have LSD.
The front is setup with maximum LSD effect, and the rear with minimum LSD effect.
Sound good for me, don't know if that is correct?
The Kraton EXB user manual tell us that the rear don't have the LSD parts.
This is not good information Arrma... update the user manual if it is now LSD in both front and rear diff.

If the rear diff don't have the LSD, just buy a set of LSD (https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310984) they are cheap.
put it in the rear with minimum LSD effect configuration. And check that the front diff have LSD with maximum configuration.
Also check if any shims are needed, maybe outside.

Or just send Arrma an email and ask :)

This is the issues with Arrma, causing confusions and no official update to us in the website. Honestly speaking, I choose to listen to real end-users here rather than just someone behind screen (Arrma staffs) who may/may not know exactly what I am asking.

Swap in a V5 bulkhead with full diff setup and ditch the exb diff ;)

The bulkhead is the same.

The rear is an open diff when i remember correctly (ARA311066). It is included in the rear in the latest batches.

This is from the explosion manual:

1623928826708.png

They have made so many running updates that it’s hard to know batch to batch what you will receive. Even if you knew what they are making this current batch, it doesn’t mean you are getting that exact batch as you could easily receive older inventory.

Lesson here is to open it up when you get it and inspect for yourself. Buy the 12x18 shims ahead of purchase so you can open the rear. Also have a rebuild kit or two for the F/C diffs.

The latest EXBs out of the factory have had LSD plates in all the diffs for a while now so unless you've found some old stock you should in theory be good to just get on a drive it. If it doesn't handle how you want that's the time to start playing around - there is no single "correct" diff setup just ways to adapt to drive style. Be aware that thicker fluids mean greater forces on everything if the wheels don't all touchdown together, so a 1 wheel landing with wheels spinning fast is more likely to do damage as the diffs take the force of slowing the other wheels.
Personally all I did was open the rear diff to confirm the existence of LSD plates, put it back together and have found it find for my driving.

I have received my Kraton 1/8 EXB so a update.
It got serial number: ARA106053202010030784

Yes all 3 diffs had LSD. The front and center with max effect configuration.
The rear diff with minimum LSD configuration.
The front diff had one shim outside diff and was tight and good.
The rear diff had also just one shim outside diff and was also tight and good.
So thumbs up to Arrma on the diff setup. No need to shim the diffs now.

One odd thing both the front shocks was missing the small screw (AR721306) that holds/locks the shock mount pin.
So both the front shocks would have pop out of lower mount if I had not seen this. I got extra screws so of course fixed this.
The shocks was ok filled up with oil.

Two diff box screws was almost worn out, but got them out and replaced them.

I like the LSD diffs, but 10K in front and rear is maybe to light oil.
I will try 30-50K in front and maybe 20-30K in rear.
The center is 100K but I belive even 300K or something is ok for bashing.

Also sway bar on a basher... do we really need it? I guess the effect is minimum and I might try to remove
it both front and rear later.

The Arrma Kraton 1/8 EXB is ok priced now if you got some spare elctronics.
The Talion 1/8 EXB RTR was good looking, but don't need more electronics and will wait and see if a true roller comes later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back