Kraton 6s Kraton with Mojave tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Anyone running Mojave tires on their 6s Kraton? I seen a picture of one online and I liked how it looked but would be good to get feedback from someone who has it or has done it.
Thanks in advance!

The Mojave tires are Zero offset and close to a Truggy size tire in diameter. Slightly smaller. I tried it . Didn't like them on the Not. or Kraton. Not wide enough tread for me in the dirt, with a wide track rig. Some like them though. Been done before.
The Fortress is a durable tire IMO. I never had issues with them. (6s)

The Mojave tires are Zero offset and close to a Truggy size tire in diameter. Slightly smaller. I tried it . Didn't like them on the Not. or Kraton. Not wide enough tread for me in the dirt, with a wide track rig. Some like them though. Been done before.
The Fortress is a durable tire IMO. I never had issues with them. (6s)
Thanks for the input! You may have helped me decide to try them out. I'm not a "send it to the moon" type but rather a pull grass from the roots type of driving so a more narrow tread might be fun. We'll see I guess.
Again thanks for the input!

^^^
Good point, may work in the grass for you just fine. I prefer dirt. But yes, they will fit on a Kraton. Mine fits.
My Mojave runs them great in the grass. Good traction. But you also will lose chassis ride height in grass. Could overheat in very tall grass. May even have to adjust gearing for the smaller diameter of the Fortress over an MT tire. One caveate.:unsure: IDK.
Mojave tires are expensive considering their small size and all. IMO.

Edited.

Last edited:
I have them on my OC and love them. So much that I won't be going the LP route. I'd bet its way easier on the drivetrain as well suspension. I did have to gear up to 25t pinion.

^^^
Good point, may work in the grass for you just fine. I prefer dirt. But yes, they will fit on a Kraton. Mine fits.
My Mojave runs them great in the grass. Good traction. But you also will lose chassis ride height in grass. Could overheat in very tall grass. May even have to adjust gearing for the smaller diameter of the Fortress over an MT tire. One caveate.:unsure: IDK.
Mojave tires are expensive considering their small size and all. IMO.

Edited.
Yeah more to it than just a simple tire change huh? I will admit that my rc trucks are "all dressed up with nowhere to go" meaning they are mostly shelved and admired. don't get me wrong I do run them hard....just not skatepark hard. HAHA! Tall grass was the first thing discussed with the hobby shop owner when I got my 1st rc YEARS ago and has always stuck with me. Even my over powered trucks don't get ran in tall grass. After knowing from youtube what BASHING really is, Im sure I'm the guy that BASHERS roll their eyes at. Oh well I have fun building them and I'm good with that. But anywaaaaay....Very good advise especially since burning up a new Castle combo would be a pretty expensive mistake!
Thanks for the advise youve provided so far! Im sure there will be more to come. Haha! Thanks!
I have them on my OC and love them. So much that I won't be going the LP route. I'd bet its way easier on the drivetrain as well suspension. I did have to gear up to 25t pinion.
Thanks! I am going to give them a try. Im running a 16t right now but will start with an 18t 1st just to test.
Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back