Kraton 6s lipo charging bag/box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard191

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi All, So i got bored waiting for the parts to come back into stock to upgrade my granite to brushless, so i pulled the trigger and bought an arrma 6s Kraton v5 lol. I got a couple of Vorjay 6s lipos and now I'm getting paranoid about lipo charging fires. My wife wants me to get rid of it but I'm trying to convince her there must be a safe or safer solution when it comes to charging. Iv watched loads of YouTube videos demonstrating the effectiveness of using a lipo bag when charging 2s or 3s lipos with some impressive results. However it looks to me that when a 6s battery goes nuclear then its utter carnage and total loss of everything in the house. I'm wondering what you guys use or recommend for safe 6s lipo charging and storage. I will always keep lipos on storage charge when not in use and only charge them the day before use. I could really do with some links to effective bags or metal boxes that are certified to control the carnage of a 6s lipo fire. Thanks in advance guys and gals. Any help is as always very much appreciated. Stay safe.

Get a batsafe. It will look impressive to your wife and it will work better than a lipo bag. Also, don't charge without you being there with the batteries/chargers.

Thanks for the help guys, yeah I spotted the batsafe one but wasn't sure. I saw a video where a chap had purposely destroyed a 4s battery inside one. The batsafe handled it perfectly. He then destroyed a 6s lipo in the same burnt out batsafe and as you can imagine it was utter carnage. This one

I guess the lesson to learn is these lipo bags/boxes are single use in the event of a failure. But if you guys strongly believe a new fresh batsafe can control a 6s lipo explosion then I can go with that and will purchase one. Thanks for any help and advice in advance guys and gals

I got an old ammo box form my local army dump for about 15 bucks. Just cut a notch in it for the chargers power cable and you have something built to hold grenades to hold your batteries.

LiPos almost never randomly brust into flames, if you don't abuse it and charge it correctly. But always stay on the safe side.

I charge my LiPos overnight (yea, i know), in a safe place, with nothing flammable surrounding it, except for an old desk. I store my LiPos in ammo box.
I also saw a vid about how to build a 'lipo bunker' form stone tiles or bricks, wich could protect surrounding flammable things if you can't find a place without anything flammable.

Last edited:
Just don't charge over the battery manufacturers recommend C rating. I always charge at 1C and never had a problem.

I got an old ammo box form my local army dump for about 15 bucks. Just cut a notch in it for the chargers power cable and you have something built to hold grenades to hold your batteries.

LiPos almost never randomly brust into flames, if you don't abuse it and charge it correctly. But always stay on the safe side.

I charge my LiPos overnight (yea, i know), in a safe place, with nothing flammable surrounding it, except for an old desk. I store my LiPos in ammo box.
I also saw a vid about how to build a 'lipo bunker' form stone tiles or bricks, wich could protect surrounding flammable things if you can't find a place without anything flammable.
I lined a ammo box with cement board. Drilled some holes in lid and added a stainless steel baffle plate to under side of lid with a gap to let any hot gas escape.

IMG_20210207_211140.jpg

IMG_20210207_211124.jpg

IMG_20210207_211202.jpg

IMG_20210207_211154.jpg

I charge with no lipo bag or nothing, usually inside my home. But store them in a ammo can because I have so many. The leads are too short to properly charge them deep inside lipo bag, especially the balance leads, so charge in the open. Never had one issue charging in 20 years. If you know what you're doing and treat your lipos well, the odds are slim for a lipo fire. Newbs are paranoid with lipos and the risks get exaggerated.

"just be responsible" is the best advise you can give. Use your own judgement to see if something can be dangerous. In the case of LiPos, its only dangerous if you make it

Fantastic advice all round guys, thank you all. I think i will purchase a batsafe and be sensible with charging. Just to be clear when we refer to charging to 1c of manufacturers specifications. we are saying for example, a battery with a capacity of 5200mah would be charged at 5.2amps. and for a second example we could say a battery with a capacity of 4500mah would be charged at 4.5amps. I'm sure this is a newb question but if it helps people then its gotta be helpful to clarify right? Thanks for all feedback/help and advice. its all very much appreciated. My ic5 connectors have just arrived so I'm gonna go charge this lipo and have my first run later with this monster 6s Kraton ;)

Fantastic advice all round guys, thank you all. I think i will purchase a batsafe and be sensible with charging. Just to be clear when we refer to charging to 1c of manufacturers specifications. we are saying for example, a battery with a capacity of 5200mah would be charged at 5.2amps. and for a second example we could say a battery with a capacity of 4500mah would be charged at 4.5amps. I'm sure this is a newb question but if it helps people then its gotta be helpful to clarify right? Thanks for all feedback/help and advice. its all very much appreciated. My ic5 connectors have just arrived so I'm gonna go charge this lipo and have my first run later with this monster 6s Kraton ;)
That's correct, 5200 5.2 amps, 4500 4.5 amps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back