6s lipo now only reading 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFM

Beast mode activated
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
My 22.2v 6s lipo decided to drop down to 5s 18.5v. Still charges up and balances but w only 5 cells now. Is this a problem to continue to run it w my 6s set up? My esc says it’ll do brushless 2s-6s on my 2200kv motor.
It’s my only 6s lipo and I’ve probably got close to 50 charges w it now. I’ve had my eye on the spektrum 150c 5000mah 6s smart lipo but needed a lil more time before dropping the nut on it.
will I do more bad than good if I still run this 22.2v 45c 4500mah 6s floureon lipo now that it’s dropped to 18.5v 5s? I’m new to the brushless scene. Former nitro head lol.

I had the same thing happen to a 3s battery.

One of the cords was just messed up in the balance plug. It was really easy to fix.
These lipos sure are pains in the ass to keep working correctly. Like seriously, how does a cell just disappear?

Here’s the outcome at the end of the day:
Lipo cells are safe as long as they stay above 3 volts a cell. At all times.

Your 6s pack is at 18.5 volts. That’s very low. If you divide that by 6, you get 3 and change volts per cell. This is fine. You should pray that that’s the case. I have a feeling that, well in their nature, they obviously are not all in the same exact voltage, and if you have a weak cell, or two, it’s likely below 3 volts. Charge it up, see if it looks like a football. If it doesn’t, bash on, and set your lvc higher.

It did this 5 or so charges ago cuz I was experimenting w multiple fans pushing and pulling. It didn’t seem to drain the battery any quicker or show a loss of power but I do see the loss now on 5s
Should I cut the plastic and attempt to repair? I was having issues w the deans so i removed and installed to match esc.
not swelling yet but don’t want to burn my house down either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back