Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

6s lipo - what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Typhon' started by DAMO, Jul 13, 2018.

1. DAMO

DAMO Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    Looking to purchase 6s battery for my typhon question is what battery's are best suited for car and recommendations on off road and roads tyres to suit?

2. ThatDrewGuy

ThatDrewGuy Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton, Talion, Typhon
    So this question has a large range of answers. I am still on the quest for a perfect set of tires for my Typhon. 6S RIPS the right of the dang rim on there. I have tried a few types of Duratrax tires, and had to re-glue them after every run. After about 4 runs, it was ripping apart beyond repair. So no go on the Duratrax as far as I'm concerned. Batteries? Well the SMC batteries are awesome, but the big ones do not fit under the body of the Typhon. There is a HRB battery that works pretty well that I use.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HRB-6S-500...m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X6s+lipo.TRS0.TSS0

The power hobby 3, and 4S batteries I have are really good too. Would imagine the 6S to be of the same quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerhobby...o+powerhobby&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

But from what I can tell, the SMC batteries seem to be the best. I could be wrong, but most people seem to like them.

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=67_119

Keep in mind, the 7200 is 53mm in height. Don't have the measurements with me, but check you Typhon battery tray height capacity before buying.

3. DAMO

DAMO Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    Cheers for the info

4. RxMonkey

RxMonkey Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion
    So heads up. I bought a SMC 6s 7400mah. It’s a great battery but is no joke almost the size of a brick. It’s huge. Weighs prob 2 or 3 lbs. I suggest holding closer to 5000mah. Just my opinion.

Paultro84 likes this.
  5. Voltron7

Voltron7 Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    I'm more than pleased with the Turnigy Basher 6S 4000mAh Fits perfectly and I prefer the hard case...
    Link

I have a few pairs of Pro-line Badlands and the stock tires mounted. So far, no problems with tires ripping off using 4S or 6S...even the ones that came pre-glued are looking good.

6. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

7. JvG

JvG Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon
    Turnigy Graphene 6s 65c 4000mAh from Hobbyking

Good quality, big powerrrr, not too heavy, fit's like a glove in the Typhon (the height is limited because of the body) and lasts a very long time. You won't regret it!

joostin420 likes this.
  8. joostin420

joostin420 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Kraton, Nero, Outcast
    Graphene 6s 6000mah, awesome power, tight fit in Kraton.

B1699DB5-7077-479F-B2CC-1735C73B5335.jpeg

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer