6S models with Active Diff (LSD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastgascar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast EXB
  8. Talion EXB
  9. Vendetta
  10. Vorteks
If you have the active diffs (LSD) what's your preferred orientation for the disk maximum or minimum effect?

What weight diff oil?
Stock weights are fine with LSD, some go 30/50/20, FCR. Weights really aren’t used to tune the LSD’s as much as the open diffs, it mainly is a function of the setup of the plates.

I tried running the rear on the Kraton 6s in maximum effect wanted to see if it was all just a gimmick, and it made the car oversteer alot more when accelerating out of a turn, so I put it back to minimum. Stock weight diff oil, so the disk orientation does make some difference.

LSD setup I feel has not been mastered for massive advice as you see with open diffs. I try all my rigs with LSD setup in the end I find the perfect LSD setup for me with the rear open and keeping the F/C diff slip plates as is. 🤷‍♂️

LSD setup I feel has not been mastered for massive advice as you see with open diffs. I try all my rigs with LSD setup in the end I find the perfect LSD setup for me with the rear open and keeping the F/C diff slip plates as is. 🤷‍♂️
What weight oil do you use in the rear open diff?

What weight oil do you use in the rear open diff?
For my Kraton EXB 6S:
50/100/20k rear is open 20k
I do not run my EXB at 6S. I run it at 4S and still have (kept) the HW 4985 and Max6 ESC with a 20T pinion. For me love it, hate wheelie's front stays down. High-end speed is not what I am looking for. Perfect for bashing, and take is still on point with all 4s on the ground. It runs great when my Buddy and I compete with his E-Revo 2.0 6S.

Other is the Talion EXB I do run it at 6S:
Same 50/100/20k with 15T pinion and Max6 ESC with rear open.

With the LSD plates it should be performing more at 200k in the center. If I find that is not working (which it is) I will go 200k LSD center. I had 500k in the Kraton. It just stood up too much not to my liking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back