6s motor in Typhon 3s Blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any reason I couldn't slap an Arrma 6s motor in the Typhon 3s Blx? Asking because the Typhon 6s chassis is bigger (isn't it?) So I just wasn't sure if it would fit.
Thanks!

I'm interested in the answer too haha. Lots of room in the middle but wondering about the drivetrain / That much power I would think things would snap but, maybe not.

You can fit the motor, but the ESC is gonna be too big. You probably could fav something to make it fit tho.

That said, you won’t get thru your first 6S lipo before the drivetrain will melt. Not a chance in hell it holds up. Save yourself the trouble and buy a 6S instead. Put that money towards upgrades on a real 6S rig.

The drivetrain will not last a minute as others have said. But you could put that money toward the Typhon 6s.

Someone posted this same question yesterday. Just don't do it, get the 6s.

You can fit the motor, but the ESC is gonna be too big. You probably could fav something to make it fit tho.

That said, you won’t get thru your first 6S lipo before the drivetrain will melt. Not a chance in hell it holds up. Save yourself the trouble and buy a 6S instead. Put that money towards upgrades on a real 6S rig.
Bummer, i was thinking it could do 140+ with a 6s, guess that's why I've never seen it done. I could put a 4s motor in it though couldn't I? If so could someone recommend one that won't break the bank?

Bummer, i was thinking it could do 140+ with a 6s, guess that's why I've never seen it done. I could put a 4s motor in it though couldn't I? If so could someone recommend one that won't break the bank?
I have the 4S BLX120 2400kv combo in my Typhon 3S. It works fine with a steel spur and a slipper set properly.

I'm interested in the answer too haha. Lots of room in the middle but wondering about the drivetrain / That much power I would think things would snap but, maybe not.
Doing it now it fits you have to make up a bracket to fit the esc at an angle
Check out my thread I have more pictures

Attachments

• 20190914_224010.jpg
    20190914_224010.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 176
I have the 4S BLX120 2400kv combo in my Typhon 3S. It works fine with a steel spur and a slipper set properly.
@jondilly1974 - I am getting ready to install all 4s electronics in my 3s Typhon. Care you share some pictures with the 4s electronics in your rig?

@jondilly1974 - I am getting ready to install all 4s electronics in my 3s Typhon. Care you share some pictures with the 4s electronics in your rig?
They won’t look any different. They are the same size.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back