Kraton 6s or 2 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've notice that most guy run 2 3s battery instead of 1 6s... im just wondering why...

So if one goes bad replace one. 3S is cheaper to replace then a 6S. Plus if you bash it the battery will take some damage.

1st reason being that my current charger, Onyx 235, and many others only support up to 4s. 2nd reason previously stated. If you get a bad cell in a 6s pack you have to replace the whole thing, if running 2x 3s packs, you theoretically only need 1 new 3s pack (half the cost). I've found the cost to be similar for a pair of 3s packs or 1 solid 6s pack.

I run 2 SMC 3s 7200mAh. 2 3s pack give a lot more versatility. You can get higher mAh and run it in multiple cars. I use my 3s in the Kratons and my Neros....and if for any reason I wanted to take out any of my Yeti's I can. I do have one 6S pack but I find myself using the 2 3s packs more. If you get a dual charger it make life a lot simpler.

After today I'm considering just running one 6s. I went to do a few speed runs with my buddy who just purchased a talion and when I took the batteries out one was damaged and leaking. I didn't flip wreck or anything, has any else had this problem?

After today I'm considering just running one 6s. I went to do a few speed runs with my buddy who just purchased a talion and when I took the batteries out one was damaged and leaking. I didn't flip wreck or anything, has any else had this problem?
make sure your lipo is not coming in contact with your spur gear!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back