Notorious 6s or 4s what do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickle007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I currently own 2 sets of 6s and 2 sets of 4s and I prefer the 4s more I think. Yes the 6s is a beast and standing backflips are fun it's just hard to keep this beast on all 4's in 6s. On 4s I can ride wheelies for as far as I can see, and do some decent driving on a track. Anyway was just wondering what you guys prefer.

I only ran 6S once and it made it really sketchy for me to drive. Otherwise I run 4S. 6S does give you more air control to pull out of a bad situation. I'd probably run 6S if I had 3S lipo's laying around, but I don't. I have been using either 2S or 4S in all my trucks, so 2S packs are all I have.

I did start running 3S in my smaller 1/10th trucks recently, the stampede 4x4 being one of them. However, the battery tray for that is small and I had a hard time finding decent capacity 3S lipo packs that fit. I'd rather not have a bunch of different packs to deal with, so I'll likely stick with using 4S in my 3 big trucks and live with the fact that I can't pull triple/quadruple back flips with my outcast or be able to go 60mph. For me, 45mph is fast enough.

6S all the way!!!! :) like Tom T said, just cause you're on 6S doesn't mean you have to grab a hand full of throttle all the time. It's just nice to have the power there if you need it.

I only ran 6S once and it made it really sketchy for me to drive. Otherwise I run 4S. 6S does give you more air control to pull out of a bad situation. I'd probably run 6S if I had 3S lipo's laying around, but I don't. I have been using either 2S or 4S in all my trucks, so 2S packs are all I have.

I did start running 3S in my smaller 1/10th trucks recently, the stampede 4x4 being one of them. However, the battery tray for that is small and I had a hard time finding decent capacity 3S lipo packs that fit. I'd rather not have a bunch of different packs to deal with, so I'll likely stick with using 4S in my 3 big trucks and live with the fact that I can't pull triple/quadruple back flips with my outcast or be able to go 60mph. For me, 45mph is fast enough.

I run 6s with stock gearing.
I think you’re running a bigger pinion gear than the stock 12T though? That’ll offset the 4s battery.

2 x 3s packs every time.. Was thinking of trying 4s and gearing up just for a bit less insanity at the skatepark!! But it is fun on 6s... And as others have said, you don't have to grab full throttle...

6S for sure....just wish I had bought the 3S packs instead of the 2S packs. Most of the time I run 5S because I can’t confidently fit the 2 7600mah 3S packs. It feels like it adds 20lbs to the truck lol

I currently own 2 sets of 6s and 2 sets of 4s and I prefer the 4s more I think. Yes the 6s is a beast and standing backflips are fun it's just hard to keep this beast on all 4's in 6s. On 4s I can ride wheelies for as far as I can see, and do some decent driving on a track. Anyway was just wondering what you guys prefer.
Both!
4s is a lot of fun; the feeling of pulling out the 4s after a nice blast, and then installing a 6s..... oh....... priceless!

Last edited:
6S for sure....just wish I had bought the 3S packs instead of the 2S packs. Most of the time I run 5S because I can’t confidently fit the 2 7600mah 3S packs. It feels like it adds 20lbs to the truck lol
Is this a thing Can i do this without messing anything up?????? I can fit a fat 3S and one of my 2s packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back