6s Outcast with truggy size wheels/tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys,

I bought myself a set of Louise RC T-Apollo wheels and tires, here they are, compared to the stock Backflips and a buggy tire..

20200616_211724.jpg

Question is, what should i do? Tread pattern wise.. The tires have a V-style pattern..

550x448.jpg

Wich way would you run them? With the V pattern in forward position? Or with the V pattern in backward position?

Im thinkin backward as it should get me best grip response on throttle.. But in forward position it might get better cornering..

Ill prob try both..

Stupid question but have you looked at all 4 to make sure they can all face the same direction when mounted on the truck? You should have better traction and stability with the point forwards unless you’re in mud, for that you could flip them. This is what 1:1 off-road guys do to get better grip but I’m not sure it’ll matter all that much in this scale.

Mmm, i run mine with the V pointing forwards (when viewed from the top), that's way the V shape is scooping while braking, and moving debris to the sides while accelerating, i don't know, it just look better to me.

I like those tires (on my Talion), not too heavy and still have tons of tread to handle loamy surfaces. Hex is kinda gentle, so mind to align the hex correctly when you tighten it.

Stupid question but have you looked at all 4 to make sure they can all face the same direction when mounted on the truck? You should have better traction and stability with the point forwards unless you’re in mud, for that you could flip them. This is what 1:1 off-road guys do to get better grip but I’m not sure it’ll matter all that much in this scale.
They come packed per two.. One left, and one right.. If you put both on the same side.. Treads are in opposite direction to each other..

Hey Mike, How did these tyres make the outcast handle and what was the durability like?
I am keen on making my outcast more truggy like for park racing and thought these could be the tyres, size and width and probably weight seems about right.

Hey Mike, How did these tyres make the outcast handle and what was the durability like?
I am keen on making my outcast more truggy like for park racing and thought these could be the tyres, size and width and probably weight seems about right.

Yep.. Thats about right.. Truck handles better.. Steering went up loads.. Still wheelies when you punch throttle.. Durability, one had to be reglued..
@Mike-NLD
Any feedback on the wheels?
I've been having issues with the size of the 6s bf tyres wanting to go smaller on the noto.

Truck handles better.. Steering went up.. Still wheelies when you punch the throttle.. Backflips are almost impossible.. Frontflips still doable..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back