(6S Shock Ends) Made an Interesting Discovery Today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
So yesterday I had a bad landing and I snapped the rod end on one of my front shocks. This morning I was about to call my LHS to see if they had the parts in stock when I had an idea: I already own a bunch of RPM and Traxxas brand rod ends for my E-Revo v1, and the RPM short rod ends look really similar to the one I broke. Sure enough, same exact length, threads right on the shock rod, and the eye insert fits the eye. The RPM short rod ends are around 9 bucks for a dozen. Part # RPM80472. Not sure about long-term durability but it may get you guys up and running if your LHS is out of the Arrma parts. Seems like most of the shops in my area had them in stock when I bought them at the beginning of summer/end of spring. Not sure about now but I wanted to share in case it helps someone else.

I tried RPM's on mine (had them in my field bag) when I busted one a while back. It didn't hold up very long for me. Stretched/ripped the end apart within a set of packs. I run the tekno ones with the aluminum balls. They seem to hold up well for me. Might try the nero ones when I run out of tekno's.

So yesterday I had a bad landing and I snapped the rod end on one of my front shocks. This morning I was about to call my LHS to see if they had the parts in stock when I had an idea: I already own a bunch of RPM and Traxxas brand rod ends for my E-Revo v1, and the RPM short rod ends look really similar to the one I broke. Sure enough, same exact length, threads right on the shock rod, and the eye insert fits the eye. The RPM short rod ends are around 9 bucks for a dozen. Part # RPM80472. Not sure about long-term durability but it may get you guys up and running if your LHS is out of the Arrma parts. Seems like most of the shops in my area had them in stock when I bought them at the beginning of summer/end of spring. Not sure about now but I wanted to share in case it helps someone else.
nero rod ends only broke one in must be a year

+1 for the Nero HD's with tekno balls, I cant get the lunsford equivalent in the UK
Think I'll try and order some of those. Busted another tekno yesterday. Will have to look around and see what the part# is.

Ordered a set of each:
AR330409
AR330338

The second was cheaper, has more parts in it, looks like 2 HD ends and 2 not HD ends. Will find out when they show up.

Last edited:
Think I'll try and order some of those. Busted another tekno yesterday. Will have to look around and see what the part# is.

Ordered a set of each:
AR330409
AR330338

The second was cheaper, has more parts in it, looks like 2 HD ends and 2 not HD ends. Will find out when they show up.

AR330409 are the ones I use. ?

Same for me ?

20200917_195156.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back