6s shock rod ends breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgfast

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
So as title states I'm breaking rod ends and more than I would expect LOL I broke two rears on my talion in two 6s pac runs and three rears on kraton in four 6s pac runs. The stock rod ends are breaking at ring and the HD rod ends are snapping at the shaft end see attached pic. I'm not sure if it has something to do with droop setting as I can't seem to it to stay adjusted any help here would be and thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 72
There are upgraded shock and rod ends available from Tekno.
I've not had trouble with any of my 6s trucks so can't speak from experience. Should be able to find the fix and part numbers here at the forum though. Strange to be breaking so often though and maybe droop is a culprit but again, no experience from me.

edit: There's the fix ⬆⬆ lol

If you already bought the arrma shock ends theres some nice big ones (with the perches) in the bag that go to an older model. The tekno 6.8 balls pictured above will work with those ends. If you see guys talking about "nero" shock ends those are the ones. For some reason they come in the bag for us.

I've got two packs of Arrma HD rod ends ARA330608 but thinking I might need to order the Tekno's to try to slow down my breakage LOL
I've got three nice jumps on my track and I'm pretty good at crashing!!! Maybe with time I'll get better car control

I've got two packs of Arrma HD rod ends ARA330608 but thinking I might need to order the Tekno's to try to slow down my breakage LOL
I've got three nice jumps on my track and I'm pretty good at crashing!!! Maybe with time I'll get better car control
I see, the Mojave ones, nero ends are far better. Teknos are very strong but a little shorter, Nero ends are strong but a little longer...
AR330338
Kraton 6s shock parts, ara330338 part number nero ends are the big ones.

So I haven't installed the new Tekno ends yet but think I figured out why I was having so many break. First off for some dumb reason I had it in my mind that adding pre load in my springs was a good thing and the truth is I should of known better. I run coil overs on one of my camaro's and know that adjusting spanner nut only changes ride height and if you want to change spring rate you change the spring. With our cars the droop screw is the limiting factor for ride height and beyond that I feel I was just adding extra stress on my rod ends. I may be wrong on all this but after backing spring adjusting nuts back to a more stock position I have not had to replace any rod ends in over 10 battery cycles. I really think most this is due to unloading pressure from the droop screws and maintaining my setting. I do have two sets of the Tekno ends ready to install but hopefully not until next shock rebuild time LOL

many thanks everyone!! I just ordered the Tekno ends and 6.8 balls hoping this will help, Now figure out why my droop setting changes with the weather

My droop setting keeps changing too. I've now run out of adjustment. I blame this for the shock ends breaking. I broke a brand new shock end today. I put it down to the chassis wearing were the droop screw contacts it and/or wear in the lower arm hinge pin retainers. I've ordered the Infraction type droop screws which have the pan head or button head style at the bottom end of the screw to increase the contact area. I'm going to fit them and go from there.

My droop setting keeps changing too. I've now run out of adjustment. I blame this for the shock ends breaking. I broke a brand new shock end today. I put it down to the chassis wearing were the droop screw contacts it and/or wear in the lower arm hinge pin retainers. I've ordered the Infraction type droop screws which have the pan head or button head style at the bottom end of the screw to increase the contact area. I'm going to fit them and go from there.
I didn't know about the Infraction being different good to know, I did just receive the M2C droop screws last week just need to break things down to install them 2 sets $32 hope there worth it lol

Yes. I’ve broken a bunch of them too. Easy to change and every one I broke I deserved it. It was a bad landing. Never broke one for no reason lol.

shock ends or the droop screws?

Its one of those things, isn't it. Do you keep them stock to keep a weak point so not to break the more expensive parts or upgrade parts to try to strengthen and beef up everything to make the complete RC stronger but more expensive?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back