Typhon 6s Shocks on 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deltaboxii

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi, new to the forum just got a 6S and thinking of getting a 3s Typhon as well. I searched on the forum and couldnt find an answer, so does anyone know if the 6S shocks fit on the 3S?

Hi, new to the forum just got a 6S and thinking of getting a 3s Typhon as well. I searched on the forum and couldnt find an answer, so does anyone know if the 6S shocks fit on the 3S?

Actually the 6s Typhon shocks fit the 3s vehicles but only the 6s Typhon shocks. Then others don't fit.

I found the top holes on the 6S shocks to be too large to mount on my 3S, but I have ordered the balls and bolts for the 6S shocks, so we'll see if they fit then, or I may make some bushings. I like the aluminum better than the plastic.

There's other Arrma 6S V3 shock options for 3S vehicles. The V3 Kraton/Outcast FRONT shocks are nearly identical in length to the 3S REAR shocks as shown in the images below. I have some V3 Talion FRONT shocks on the way from Jennys RC that should work as I think they are very close in length to the FRONT Typhon shocks.

Note: Here's a shock mount solution for the aluminum capped shocks (Kraton/Outcast/Talion). The Typhon and Senton shocks have plastic caps with smaller eyelets requiring a different solution.

Drill out and cut a yellow nylon insulated butt connector in half. Trim off the nylon flanges and you should be left with two 8mm segments that will snug into the aluminum shock cap eyelets. The M3 screws will pass through the metal crimping insert.
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG

Wouldn’t Kraton/Outcast shocks be too stiff for the 3s trucks?
Quite possibly yes. If it ever stops raining here in Cali I'll take it out for some testing. I'll start with preload minimized and swap in softer springs/different oil as needed. My main priority is to better absorb big air landings so I'm willing to take a handling hit to high speed blasting. As it comes out of the box, the chassis slaps the ground from only an 18" inch drop. Landing from 8 or 10 feet up might as well not have any shocks at all lol.

I found the top holes on the 6S shocks to be too large to mount on my 3S, but I have ordered the balls and bolts for the 6S shocks, so we'll see if they fit then, or I may make some bushings. I like the aluminum better than the plastic.
They make bushings for this. Shout out to one of the other members here finding these...sorry but I can’t remember his name.

https://www.rcplanet.com/tekno-rc-1-8-shock-cap-bushings-tkr8730/

Also, Megasty is recommending Talion shocks with Typhon springs now since the Arrma community depleted the Typhon supply lol.
I just popped the ball/bushing out of the 3s shock and used it in my 6s shocks. Works.

Then I ordered some v3 Talion shocks for my v1 Typhon. The springs are stiff, but I need to run it to see how much too stiff...

20190120_130953.jpg

I was wondering if that would work. Mine are supposed to be delivered today so I’m hoping it will be the same for me.
It'll fit but a little too loosely for my comfort.

Nice. Aluminum spacer looks like a perfect fit. 6mm OD?

Yep, perfect fit and 6mm OD but the length is too short and the ID is too big. I think I’m going to try and find shock balls that fit correctly because I had to shim the bottom of the front out which has put the shock at a weird angle in relation to the screw. If the ID was any smaller, it would put unwanted stress on the screw and eyelet. I need the pivot ball to account for the angle and adjust as the suspension articulates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back