Big Rock 6s Shocks on big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Someone told me a good shock upgrade will be the 6S Mojave front shocks for the BR front shocks, and the 6S Kraton front shocks for the BR rear. Anyone use this set up? Is there anything else needed to bolt on?

What wt shock oil do recommend?
Ive just been topping off what they come with, using 35wt. I’m not doing anything other than jumping and bashing so I don’t need to pinpoint point things that much yet. While I’ve been learning I wouldn’t notice the difference anyway and no reason to waste oil. I also run team associated yellow Springs on three of my cars and that’s a significant difference I can notice from the heavy stock ones.

I’ve learned much though this last year so I’ll start experimenting with different weights and apply it to how I drive each car soon. On my general bashing vorteks hybrid I’ll probably do 45-50wt front and back while on my jumping granite I’ll probably go 65-70 back, 59-55 front.

I have that setup on my granite. I used the axial bushing at the top, but fit a small length of brass tube in the bushings for less slop. Running associated yellow springs in the rear with 50w oil and stock mojave 6s springs with 70w up front.
Works great for what i do!

What wt shock oil do recommend?
I run 50k and it's great for handling and big sends I don't get a lot of bounce on the landings. My rig is heavier though with the upgrades, bigger 4s motor and 150A ESC. Here's some video of it running

I have that setup on my granite. I used the axial bushing at the top, but fit a small length of brass tube in the bushings for less slop. Running associated yellow springs in the rear with 50w oil and stock mojave 6s springs with 70w up front.
I was thinking of putting the stock Mojave and Kraton Springs back on the granite since it is the one I jump the most, but I’ll think I’ll try your idea. Intrigues me.

The Mojave shocks don't come with shock boots. I put them on my Mojave shocks. May want to pick them up.
6s Typhon shock boots will fit.
Boots keep the shafts from getting all road rashed and ruining the botttom cartidge o-rings. Keeps dirt from getting into the shock oil.
Just an idea.

Last edited:
both are presently in stock at jennys, i just bought some (fingers crossed for quick shipping to NZ)

Axial AXA1356 Silicone Shock Bushing, 7.5 x 8mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051W7R1M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_WK431A0T0DSNVA0FP8F6
Use those on the top of the shocks. What you have listed is an awesome upgrade.
Front shocks
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ks-assembled-dampers-springs-4mm-hd-ara7604v2
It looks like the Mojave 6s shocks are about 1/4" taller in the front. Rear are the same is the stock BR. How do you get it to sit level?
is the tubing used because the front shocks are about 1/4" longer than stock?

It looks like the Mojave 6s shocks are about 1/4" taller in the front. Rear are the same is the stock BR. How do you get it to sit level?

is the tubing used because the front shocks are about 1/4" longer than stock?
Push down on the front...it will then be level. Lol.

This is not a precision sports car. Every time you hit the gas, the front is higher than the rear. Also the springs on the Mojave are much softer, so it works well. You can use fuel tubing to limit the travel on the shock shaft, but no need.

Just order them and install.
There is so much slop on a BRCC, you would never even notice. Heck...prob have 1/4" play at each tire. Lol.

Stock. Just get them, install and see what you think. No need to change a bunch of stuff unless you don't like them.
Do you have any problems with the body cover fitting due to the larger shocks? Is the only thing you need to buy are the bushings for the top of each shock?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back