Big Rock 6s Shocks on big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance to install the Kraton & Mojave 6s shocks on the big rock. The video up above about shorting shocks made it a lot easier to do.
I shortened the Mojave shocks about 10mm using clear tubing…eye to eye they’re same length as the stock big rock shocks & the Kratons for the rear I left alone. I put in fresh oil all around 70wt
F7F8F021-797F-48FE-89BC-50EA703CAC5D.jpeg
here’s the difference between the shortened one and stock Mojave
E7B0EC49-4ED3-4DDF-93EB-D1AA412411AB.jpeg
AA067B42-490A-46A2-980D-9FA89B37ABBB.jpeg
E9046BAF-EE56-41DE-827F-1AD35567A93D.jpeg
F830C1F2-9D85-4C03-92E5-59DA610D7961.jpeg
254D28AF-FB83-4038-83C7-C3FDD820F1E6.jpeg

I run 50k and it's great for handling and big sends I don't get a lot of bounce on the landings. My rig is heavier though with the upgrades, bigger 4s motor and 150A ESC. Here's some video of it running
Mf'r looks angry!🤟😍

I have that setup on my granite. I used the axial bushing at the top, but fit a small length of brass tube in the bushings for less slop. Running associated yellow springs in the rear with 50w oil and stock mojave 6s springs with 70w up front.
Works great for what i do!
Yeah I’ve noticed the bushings get a bit stretched over time. At that point I use a bit of shrink tubing on the screw. The brass bushing is a good idea though. What size and where’d you get them?

Yeah I’ve noticed the bushings get a bit stretched over time. At that point I use a bit of shrink tubing on the screw. The brass bushing is a good idea though. What size and where’d you get them?
I just cut a couple pieces off a length of brass tubing from the hobby shop, i think it is 1/8” OD. Really tightened it up nice

I just cut a couple pieces off a length of brass tubing from the hobby shop, i think it is 1/8” OD. Really tightened it up nice
Yeah that’s a good idea. Thanks for mentioning it!

The Mojave shocks don't come with shock boots. I put them on my Mojave shocks. May want to pick them up.
6s Typhon shock boots will fit.
Boots keep the shafts from getting all road rashed and ruining the botttom cartidge o-rings. Keeps dirt from getting into the shock oil.
Just an idea.
I saw some armor shock boots on Amazon it says it fits a 45 mm shaft. I took about a quarter inch off the shock shaft by lowering the suspension. My question is is it OK to have the shock boot longer than the shock shaft?

I saw some armor shock boots on Amazon it says it fits a 45 mm shaft. I took about a quarter inch off the shock shaft by lowering the suspension. My question is is it OK to have the shock boot longer than the shock shaft?
Yeah, it won't affect the shock movement. It'll just crinkle more.

It’s a great combo, I have them on four, 3 a cars. My favorite and first upgrade pretty much for any type driving and terrain.
I just ordered everything right now lol after reading this post I went to jennys an Amazon and ordered it. I think this will finally give me the shock upgrade I've been looking for. Better handling I am hoping and I think better than the PL shocks I hear they shafts break an cs isn't that good. Thanks for the post

I just ordered everything right now lol after reading this post I went to jennys an Amazon and ordered it. I think this will finally give me the shock upgrade I've been looking for. Better handling I am hoping and I think better than the PL shocks I hear they shafts break an cs isn't that good. Thanks for the post
Years later they continue to go strong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back