Big Rock 6s Shocks on big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any problems with the body cover fitting due to the larger shocks? Is the only thing you need to buy are the bushings for the top of each shock?
No problems with the body fitting. Along with the top bushings I use a 3 to 5 mm plastic spacer at the bottom mount so the shock Springs do not rub on the driveshaft. Mainly it’s on the front this is needed. I do it on the back also just because.

They tend to be 3/4 full so I always top off the oil before installing. Definitely get a set of shock rod boots for it As previously recommended.

No problems with the body fitting. Along with the top bushings I use a 3 to 5 mm plastic spacer at the bottom mount so the shock Springs do not rub on the driveshaft. Mainly it’s on the front this is needed. I do it on the back also just because.

They tend to be 3/4 full so I always top off the oil before installing. Definitely get a set of shock rod boots for it As previously recommended.
Do you have a link of where to purchase the plastic spacer for bottom mount? Also on for shock rod boots that fit. Thanks.

Do you have a link of where to purchase the plastic spacer for bottom mount? Also on for shock rod boots that fit. Thanks.
Amazon is my go to. You can get hot racing aluminum spacers that range from 1.5 to 4.5mm for 5 bucks or a big bag of 5 mm spacers, or any size really, for around 7-10 bucks. I’m sure you can find them on other sites like ebay, but I trust Amazon more and the shipping is typically free. And since I pay for a prime i might as well use it.

B342C6BF-5A13-487C-A9E8-570F9B26ABBC.png

06A2AF5F-F142-4984-95C3-C80D8D95B838.png

Simple m3 washers will work also. I use 1mm thick. Plastic may be fine, but I've always used metal, so I can't say which is better. With 1mm thick washers, I use 1 washer in the rear, 2 washers in front to prevent the shocks from rubbing the driveshafts. If you go to your local hardware store, 10 washers will be more than enough and it will cost pennies.

https://www.amazon.com/a15090700ux0161-Stainless-Washers-Spacers-Threaded/dp/B018TG7QGW/ref=sr_1_11?crid=86ROY6H89XJY&keywords=m3+x+1mm+washer&qid=1642529910&s=industrial&sprefix=m3+x+1mm+washer,industrial,47&sr=1-11

Last edited:
Push down on the front...it will then be level. Lol.

This is not a precision sports car. Every time you hit the gas, the front is higher than the rear. Also the springs on the Mojave are much softer, so it works well. You can use fuel tubing to limit the travel on the shock shaft, but no need.

Just order them and install.
There is so much slop on a BRCC, you would never even notice. Heck...prob have 1/4" play at each tire. Lol.
+1
1000%(y)
Simple m3 washers will work also. I use 1mm thick. Plastic may be fine, but I've always used metal, so I can't say which is better. With 1mm thick washers, I use 1 washer in the rear, 2 washers in front to prevent the shocks from rubbing the driveshafts. If you go to your local hardware store, 10 washers will be more than enough and it will cost pennies.

https://www.amazon.com/a15090700ux0161-Stainless-Washers-Spacers-Threaded/dp/B018TG7QGW/ref=sr_1_11?crid=86ROY6H89XJY&keywords=m3+x+1mm+washer&qid=1642529910&s=industrial&sprefix=m3+x+1mm+washer,industrial,47&sr=1-11
Sorry to disagree. I would only use plastic shock limiters. Aluminum being softer metal than the shock shafts, may be ok.
Steel washers will score up/ damage the shock shafts with use.. Guarantee it.:(
That's why dedicated shock limiter spacers are always plastic or Delrin.

You can even use old bottom cartridge spacers as limters. They are plastic. Anything plastic with an I.D. that matches the shaft's O.D.

Last edited:

😂 yeah I have those also, just love little spacers for some reason. My kid and I find uses for them all over so it’s good to have a bag. The metal ones I use as spacers for rocket fans on heat sinks. I didn’t even intentionally get them… I put them under the Amazon basket to think about and my wife grabbed them quick. Now that I have them they’re perfect for aluminum to aluminum spacers.

+1
1000%(y)

Sorry to disagree. I would only use plastic shock limiters. Aluminum being softer metal than the shock shafts, may be ok.
Steel washers will score up/ damage the shock shafts with use.. Guarantee it.:(
That's why dedicated shock limiter spacers are always plastic or Delrin.

You can even use old bottom cartridge spacers as limters. They are plastic. Anything plastic with an I.D. that matches the shaft's O.D.
I didn't recommend the washers as shock limiters. 1/8 size shock springs will rub the driveshafts on 3s vehicles unless you use washers/spacers where the rod end screws into the arms. You need washers/spacers to push the shocks away from the driveshaft.

^^^Sorry, my bad. I understand you now.(y)
I understand the spring issue.
However, adding a spacer at the rod end will only increase shock height. Is this what you want? IDK. Tilting, shimming the tops of the shocks forward may increase spring clearance better? Possibly??:unsure: Maybe I misunderstand this also?

The washers/spacers go around the screw that attaches the shock rod end to the arms. Around AR721316, on the inside of AR330470. It tilts the bottom of the shocks outwards. The bottom shock screw is much closer to the driveshaft than the top. You can clear the driveshaft by shimming the bottom much more easily than shimming the top. It does not increase shock height. You can't stretch the shocks longer. But since the shocks are slightly tilted, I guess it technically lowers the vehicle, with some rough estimates, by less than 0.05 mm.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Axial AXA1356 Silicone Shock Bushing, 7.5 x 8mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051W7R1M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_WK431A0T0DSNVA0FP8F6
Use those on the top of the shocks. What you have listed is an awesome upgrade.
Front shocks
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ks-assembled-dampers-springs-4mm-hd-ara7604v2
I ordered the 6S shocks and as I was attempting to put them on it seemed like the front shocks are a lot longer than stock. I’ve pretty much had to stretch the AA arms as long as I could. Is this your experience with the front shocks as well? Curious if you have any tricks or suggestions

I ordered the 6S shocks and as I was attempting to put them on it seemed like the front shocks are a lot longer than stock. I’ve pretty much had to stretch the AA arms as long as I could. Is this your experience with the front shocks as well? Curious if you have any tricks or suggestions

You’re putting Mojave front shocks on front right? Yup it’s a big longer and okay, the slight travel increase is nice actually.

This is all good info 👍 I have the Kraton & Mojave shocks from Jenny’s. I’m going try & get them on this weekend. Thanks to you guys for the input 👊🏻

That's actually one problem I have with the Mojave/Kraton option. The spring strength makes it a good option. However, the Kraton fronts are the same exact length as 3s rears (115mm), but the Mojave fronts (108mm) are 8mm longer than 3s fronts (100mm). But I've never run this setup and many on the forum recommend it, so I don't know if it makes a noticeable difference.

The Typhon 6s shocks (104mm, 117mm) are closer to 3s length. The problem is, Typhon springs are really light compared to stock 3s.

I use Tekno SCT410 shocks (107mm, 122mm). While longer, they're both 7mm longer, so there's no change in level between the front and back. The stock Tekno springs are also way too light though. I changed to Mojave/Kraton springs.

I’ve pretty much had to stretch the AA arms as long as I could. Is this your experience with the front shocks as well? Curious if you have any tricks or suggestions
Not sure what you mean by this though. The Mojave front shocks are only 1mm longer than my Tekno fronts. I did not feel like I had any "stretching" involved. Are you sure you got the right shocks?

If you want to shorten the shocks, you can limit the shock shafts internally. Using o-rings:
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/...our-ride-height-by-limiting-shocks-internally

EDIT: nice timing, PhillyB_RC just uploaded a video how to do this using tubing:

Last edited:

Would you mind sending a link for shock boots that would fit? Thank you in advance

Would you mind sending a link for shock boots that would fit? Thank you in advance
I picked up a set of these recently but I haven’t used them yet. I imagine they’re not quite the right size so will need to be trimmed. I made my shock boots previously with black balloons and small zipties lol. Which work just fine.

0FCB0220-014F-4E50-A685-A8BA0AF75BDB.png

A3D5A46F-CBF4-4E82-8F08-0EC3B7502428.png

I 've got the tekno shocks on my granite. Makes a BIG difference in the ride and not flipping over.

I found adding a little camber front and rear really help with the roll overs as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back