Typhon 6s shocks on the 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the bottom shock pivot balls on all 4 shocks the exact same. I installed silicone axial bushings in the top holes of the 6s shocks so that’s taken care of. I also bought some 1mm M3 washers to space the driveshafts from the springs. I assummmed the lower stock pivot balls were the same on the 6s and 3s shocksbecause nobody has ever mentioned replacing them and I’m using the bottom 3s screws to connect the 6s shocks to the 3s. The 6s shocks are cleaned and ready to be installed Saturday. Just want to make sure I don’t need any other parts? Thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. GRC hooked me up withe top bushings I needed. The stock 6s bottom pivot balls are still in the shocks and I’ll use those if that’s the best solution? If the 6s and 3s share the exact same plastic lower pivot balls then I’ll have 4 spares👍Thanks

Last edited:
The 6S shock rod ends use the same pivot balls in all four corners. They used to be steel on the older models but I think OEM moved to plastic. However, the part numbers for these are AR310450 and if you order them you'll get the steel ones instead. And yes, they'll fit fine on the 3S cars but will need washers as you know 👍

They are a different part number to the 3S pivot balls, although apparently they are the same size and so they should fit in each others' rod ends

I assummmed the lower stock pivot balls were the same on the 6s and 3s shocks because nobody has ever mentioned replacing them
I've already mentioned replacing them with alternatives in your other thread...? 🤔

Post in thread 'Thanks GRC. 6s shock washer washer spacer?' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/thanks-grc-6s-shock-washer-washer-spacer.49552/post-704039

Thanks
I also have the aluminum hot racing 3s shock pivot balls if I can’t find them. I never installed them because I figured I’d be upgrading the shocks anyway. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back