Vorteks 6s Shocks on Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not obsessed just looking for some metal replacements over the plastic as they are prone to bust and i would sooner have them ready to go.

i wasn’t aware of that, ty i will have a look also.
I'm not saying you specifically, but in every thread about shocks I see all anyone ever talks about are the Arrma shocks like they are the only option available..........

These will all work with the Vorteks some will require nitro fuel line or Axial shock bushings AXA1356 for the upper mount.

Traxxas GTR Shocks.

Get VG Racing springs. https://www.vgracing.com/product/GTR_Springs.html

Proline PowerStroke shocks for the Slash.

Proline Pro Spec shocks for the Slash.

Losi Tenacity DB Pro shocks.

Hot Racing Shocks.

Why is everyone obsessed with the Arrma shocks on everything? The shocks from the Losi DB Pro are the same size as the stock ones on the Vorteks and only cost like $20 a set on Jenny's.
My Losi DB shocks are worse than Arrma shocks.
I'm not saying you specifically, but in every thread about shocks I see all anyone ever talks about are the Arrma shocks like they are the only option available..........

These will all work with the Vorteks some will require nitro fuel line or Axial shock bushings AXA1356 for the upper mount.

Traxxas GTR Shocks.

Get VG Racing springs. https://www.vgracing.com/product/GTR_Springs.html

Proline PowerStroke shocks for the Slash.

Proline Pro Spec shocks for the Slash.

Losi Tenacity DB Pro shocks.

Hot Racing Shocks.
Ultra shock with Alloy caps are good on my Senton 3s.

My Losi DB shocks are worse than Arrma shocks.

Ultra shock with Alloy caps are good on my Senton 3s.
How so? I always hear good thing about the Losi shocks.
How are you running Ultra shocks on your Senton 3s they are too short.

How so? I always hear good thing about the Losi shocks.
How are you running Ultra shocks on your Senton 3s they are too short.
Slash shocks are just in the front with Arrma shafts and they seem to work great.
Losi DB shocks bent in a fairly small crash on it first pack, Maybe just my luck.

Slash shocks are just in the front with Arrma shafts and they seem to work great.
Losi DB shocks bent in a fairly small crash on it first pack, Maybe just my luck.
Weird the Losi shocks are one of the upgrades @razorrc did to his Stampede 4x4, although I think he used the ones from the SCTE but afaik they are the same design. I haven't been following the Losi DB Pro thread as closely as I would like but I did not see any mention of the shocks being an issue.

Weird the Losi shocks are one of the upgrades @razorrc did to his Stampede 4x4, although I think he used the ones from the SCTE but afaik they are the same design. I haven't been following the Losi DB Pro thread as closely as I would like but I did not see any mention of the shocks being an issue.

Just an FYI, but Losi DB shocks are modeled after SCTE 1.0/2.0, but cheaper and made in China. I was running TLR 22SCT shocks which are similar to SCTE 3.0 shocks and made in Taiwan.

It’s very confusing and complicated.

Just an FYI, but Losi DB shocks are modeled after SCTE 1.0/2.0, but cheaper and made in China. I was running TLR 22SCT shocks which are similar to SCTE 3.0 shocks and made in Taiwan.

It’s very confusing and complicated.

Ah makes sense and explains whey they are $20. I still want a set to try out on my Stampede 2wd they have to be better than the crappy Traxxas Ultra shocks. Those are still hands down the worst shocks I have ever used.

The Losi shocks are quite a bit smaller than the Vorteks, so i dotn consider them an ideal replacement, will take a look at the options above

1652486311502.png

The Losi shocks are quite a bit smaller than the Vorteks, so i dotn consider them an ideal replacement, will take a look at the options above

View attachment 217383
Well that's a bummer. I could have swore they were closer in size. I wonder if the long Rpm rod ends would fit on those. 🤔

I'm going to order a set of them for my 2Pede I'll do some testing once I get them.

Last edited:
Why is everyone obsessed with the Arrma shocks on everything? The shocks from the Losi DB Pro are the same size as the stock ones on the Vorteks and only cost like $20 a set on Jenny's.

Funny you say this, just got my set for my 2wd rustler. Same size and work great.
Also for springs I went with the tekno 410 springs. I just bought a couple different rates to test.

Funny you say this, just got my set for my 2wd rustler. Same size and work great.
Also for springs I went with the tekno 410 springs. I just bought a couple different rates to test.
Do you happen to know if the Rpm rod ends fit?

The losi are 3.5mm diameter vs the 3.0mm traxxas.ypu could drill them out that 0.5mm to get them to fit.

View attachment 217383
Those work really good on the back. I have a set on one of my voltages. I forget if the front shocks are the same length but even if a bit longer it won’t matter. Vorteks stock front shocks also fit the voltage… I have a set of those on the rear of my other one.

I've had my Vorteks for a couple of weeks, and the only thing I've broken so far are shock shafts (one with the stock plastic shocks and one with the aluminum body shocks), so I'm trying out some 6s shocks from the shock guide. Just wanted to document it in case anyone was curious!

Before the new shocks went on:

View attachment 213247

I went with Mojave for rear shocks and Limitless for front shocks. I'm still waiting on parts for the fronts, so I added the rears first!

Here are all the parts I used for the rears:

View attachment 213246

I used:
The only "maintenance" I did to the new shocks was changed the oil, I used 42.5 Team Associated shock oil. I also swapped in the new springs.

Then I added the bushings to the shock tops:

View attachment 213248

Then I installed one side:

View attachment 213250

Then the other:

View attachment 213251

Looks pretty cool so far, the only thing I noticed is that the new shocks make the car sit a little higher.

After I get the parts for the fronts, I'll post some more pictures!
Any further on with the fronts ? I’ve ordered the same rear just need fronts now

I've had my Vorteks for a couple of weeks, and the only thing I've broken so far are shock shafts (one with the stock plastic shocks and one with the aluminum body shocks), so I'm trying out some 6s shocks from the shock guide. Just wanted to document it in case anyone was curious!

Before the new shocks went on:

View attachment 213247

I went with Mojave for rear shocks and Limitless for front shocks. I'm still waiting on parts for the fronts, so I added the rears first!

Here are all the parts I used for the rears:

View attachment 213246

I used:
The only "maintenance" I did to the new shocks was changed the oil, I used 42.5 Team Associated shock oil. I also swapped in the new springs.

Then I added the bushings to the shock tops:

View attachment 213248

Then I installed one side:

View attachment 213250

Then the other:

View attachment 213251

Looks pretty cool so far, the only thing I noticed is that the new shocks make the car sit a little higher.

After I get the parts for the fronts, I'll post some more pictures!
So any update on the front bro? I wanted to see how they look before I get them for mine too..lol thanx..👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back