Notorious 6s speed controller and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhett

Starvin Delmarvin
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
Hey fellas I'm in the budget for a esc combo. I was able to get a full refund for the Max 8 combo and it was not my fault at all! I'm stoked it wasn't my fault lol... anyway I really want something with a little less torque. The outcast has more than enough torque already. So I'm open for suggestions , or maybe someone on here has a combo for sale

Hey fellas I'm in the budget for a esc combo. I was able to get a full refund for the Max 8 combo and it was not my fault at all! I'm stoked it wasn't my fault lol... anyway I really want something with a little less torque. The outcast has more than enough torque already. So I'm open for suggestions , or maybe someone on here has a combo for sale

Honestly? Stock. It’s perfect for the Notorious.

Who did you go through for warranrty/refund?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-123211_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-123211_Facebook.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 47
I think any motor/ESC that is sized correctly for this application (one that won't overheat) may feel like too much torque to you.
My recommendation would be to get a Castle Mamba Monster combo with the 1515 (2200kv) motor, then utilizing the USB castle link software you can tune the throttle curve. This will give it a much more linear and controllable feel. (same can be done for brake)
There is also features related to punch control and some offer current limiting features.

Alternatively you can do this on nicer radios that have throttle expo features like Futaba, but in my experience doing it through the ESC has a much smoother "feel".

-Liberty

I think any motor/ESC that is sized correctly for this application (one that won't overheat) may feel like too much torque to you.
My recommendation would be to get a Castle Mamba Monster combo with the 1515 (2200kv) motor, then utilizing the USB castle link software you can tune the throttle curve. This will give it a much more linear and controllable feel. (same can be done for brake)
There is also features related to punch control and some offer current limiting features.

Alternatively you can do this on nicer radios that have throttle expo features like Futaba, but in my experience doing it through the ESC has a much smoother "feel".

-Liberty
Awesome bro thank you I'm going to look into this set up right now lol...

-Liberty

I run this exact setup in my Yeti XL and my Traxxas 1/10 Summit. It's a great setup and with the right adjustments would be perfect for the Notorious

Awesome because I was running last night with a 14 tooth pinion gear and she got a little warm. Lol I definitely want to avoid that...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back