Kraton 6s throttle issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodaggy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
My throttle is at full throttle with half trigger pull.
Bought a new kraton 6s a few weeks back. Transmitter was pretty lackluster even for rtr. Had an issue with it and sent it back to horizon. Put in a tqi transmitter and receiver from traxxas. Set esc and radio back to default settings and calibrated the throttle. Tried a different transmitter with the same result.

Any ideas?

Check Th endpoint. Get a better RX/TX. :cool:

I don't understand why you say the TH is full at half trigger. Trying to understand it better. :cool:

At half trigger pull the car is at full power. The last half of the trigger does nothing. I can pull the trigger back slowly and reach top speed at around half of the triggers travel distance. The remaining trigger movement changes nothing.

That's a Tx calibration issue or defect with calibration. (worst case) Happens to both different radios?? Which model of radio came with the Kraton 6S??

The crap spektrum stx2 came with mine. It's not the radio, it does it with the other radio I tried as well.
That's a Tx calibration issue or defect with calibration. (worst case) Happens to both different radios?? Which model of radio came with the Kraton 6S??
i tried another radio with the same result. Could it be a receiver issue?

Possibly RX? yes. But you said that you used two different brand RX/TX's, with the same result. I am baffled on this one. I usually have success with these types of issues. Troubleshooting and all.:cool: I still say its a TH calibration issue. TH calib. designates the triggers positions for Forw. N. and Rev. Maybe you can adjust the triggers mechanical throw on the TX. If it has one. Some have this adjustment. It limits the trigger throw mechanically.

It was two Traxxas tqi transmitters. Both do the same while bound to the kraton but work fine on my other rcs. I could try another receiver I guess. Just odd, because I reset the remote back to default. Clearing it's endpoints. Verified endpoints were clear because steering endpoints went back to default. Recalibrated the esc multiple times.

Clearing the ESC doesn’t set the endpoints. You have to go thru the calibration to properly set them. Clearing the ESC just removes the previous calibration.

Had this issue the other day. Try one batt and program the punch. I did 4 on the punch.
What do you mean one batt?
I took the receiver out of the box and laid it flat label facing up in case it was the tsm throwing it off. Recalibrated the esc, still the same result. I did notice that the speed controller is showing green when it is at half throttle so it thinks it at full throw of the trigger.

Last edited:
What do you mean one batt?
I took the receiver out of the box and laid it flat label facing up in case it was the tsm throwing it off. Recalibrated the esc, still the same result. I did notice that the speed controller is showing green when it is at half throttle so it thinks it at full throw of the trigger.
So had the same issue after a few short jumps. Chassis slapped the concrete a few times. After I noticed the same weird throttle issue and figured it was time for a new esc. Then I ran across some threads where throttle control was of concern. The remedy was to pop in a 3s or 4s batt and go through the esc settings. I did and next thing I knew back to bashing I was. Hopefully it works for you or you find your solution. ?

Placing a Gyro RX in its RX box properly is very important. Following RX instructions closely. The rig must be on a level surface untouched or moved while calibrating. Regarding TH control, When changing to different size lipos, the TSM/ Th control must be recalibrated. Or you will get TH and/or ST oscillation issues.

Check Th endpoint. Get a better RX/TX. :cool:
Traxxas’ tqi system is ultra reliable you’re wasting your money if you’re upgrading for any reason other than getting more features (like getting a $200 spektrum or futaba)

So had the same issue after a few short jumps. Chassis slapped the concrete a few times. After I noticed the same weird throttle issue and figured it was time for a new esc. Then I ran across some threads where throttle control was of concern. The remedy was to pop in a 3s or 4s batt and go through the esc settings. I did and next thing I knew back to bashing I was. Hopefully it works for you or you find your solution. ?
I'm running a 4s right now. Cheers man I'll see if a different cell count does anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back