6s typhon shocks on 3s truck oil#

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m using 80W in mine, but I am still playing around to try and dial them in.

On my K4S, I bought Typhon shocks from JRC and found them too soft and short. I then bought K6S springs and that helped with ride height, but was still too soft. I upped the oil to 80W and that helped slow the shock travel. But the shocks were still too short, so I swapped for the Talion shafts and now they are long enough for full travel. I haven’t ran them fully due to winter, but I am going to run it today and will report back.

On my Granite 3S, I am running Typhon shock bodies, springs, and shafts. I have 80W in it as well. It seems perfect to me, but again, this is a basher and not a track car. I don’t like a lot of rebound. I like it to land and sit. I’m also not airing it like Rich or Eric. So adjust your plans accordingly.

Take all of this with a grain of salt because I’m not a racer or a veteran tuner like others here. This has just been my experience so far.

I run whatever comes stock in them and it handles very well for me
the come with 550cst but I had changed to 1000cst front and 800cst back previously on the stock 3S shocks so I am still due to change that after putting them on with the MX28s previously installed - completely missed that ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back