6s upper shock balls wearing fast? AR330483

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvG

AliExpress Diamond Member 💎
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi,

the V3/V4 6S composite upper shock balls are wearing really fast driving in loose sand.
The shocks are moving back and forward quite a lot because of that (and personal thing is i don't like that).
It annoys me buying the whole composite set every time. So i've added some shimms now to reduce the play but it doesn't feel like a good permanent solution.
Anybody found a good solution?
I can always go back to the V1/V2 setup but have to check first if the V1/V2 shock caps fit the V3/V4 shocks.

1580899150548.png

I think you should be able to buy just the balls, and not that complete set of different parts?
Also, M2C Racing does delrin shock balls, they should last longer.

But in the video it seems to me that the shock moves back and forth, not up and down as it would if they were worn out?
Please correct me if im wrong.

I think you should be able to buy just the balls, and not that complete set of different parts?

But in the video it seems to me that the shock moves back and forth, not up and down as it would if they were worn out?
Thanks, but the balls are not sold seperately and the back and forth play is really because the balls are worn.
Maybe use small pieces of nitro fuel tubing?
I might have that laying around somewhere, thanks

in jvg video it moves back and forth but i have that problem as well as up and down slack and between the a arms the stock spacers suck and i need to find upgrades. Believe me I have scoured the Internet. There are many things out there but i don't think it will withstand the way i beat the crap out of my car. I mean I got the car Christmas morning and I've had to replace the shock towers, all of the arms, the hinge pins, and about a half dozen of sheared off screws.

I went to the M2C website and it said "The item m2c 3076 ARRMA , KRATON,TALION, OUTCAST(SERIES) SHOCK CAP BUSHING in your cart is no longer available in this quantity. You cannot proceed with your order until the quantity is adjusted. " Anyone know where else to get theses?

I went to the M2C website and it said "The item m2c 3076 ARRMA , KRATON,TALION, OUTCAST(SERIES) SHOCK CAP BUSHING in your cart is no longer available in this quantity. You cannot proceed with your order until the quantity is adjusted. " Anyone know where else to get theses?
i need them also ??
have you looked on bad touch breakers, i know that he is a authorized dealer of mitch.

I installed the M2C ones on my Kraton and they aren't really any tighter IMO they may last longer but there's still a lot play at the up mounting points

Not worn thats how they are new. Just fitted a set to my kraton yesterday new same thing. Pretty sure the v1/v2 caps do not fit the v3/v4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back