6S V4 Aluminum shock caps and mounting balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VerticalChallenge

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm upgrading my v3 Typhon 6s with taller and wider suspension in an effort to make it something between a truggified Typhon and an Outcast. When installing a set of v4 shocks I noticed a bit of slop, the aluminum cap mounting hole is a larger diameter than that in the plastic caps on my old shocks. The composite ball set, AR330483, is still what is specified for mounting shocks in the v4 models, so I am puzzled what I'm overlooking to get a slop-free shock mounting. Has anybody else experienced this?

I ran into. The same issue when installing aluminum shock caps on my Senton. The inserts in the plastic caps are smaller. I stole the inserts out of my kraton temporary. The AR330483 parts were delivered today so I'll see if they are the larger or smaller inserts.

I also tightened the droop screws to remove the extra slop. I think the aluminum caps are a couple mm shorter than the plastic ones.

Well, I'm not going to be able to help today. The delivery was apparently stolen from my house while I was at work. I'm dealing with the lost package process now. I hate bad people. No one will ever able to use anything that was in that box. New dogbones, drive cups, unpainted kraton shell, and the shock parts. $107 bucks worth of stuff. I wanna cuss right now... :poop:

Did you ever get any of the pivot balls from AR330483 to fit the aluminum shock caps? I find it so odd that the aluminum caps have a larger pivot ball opening than the plastic caps. I even tried the optional steel pivot balls and they are too small, too. I think some people have used a piece of fuel line from a nitro car as a sleeve. But there has to be an official part from Arrma that actually fits, right?

Did you ever get any of the pivot balls from AR330483 to fit the aluminum shock caps? I find it so odd that the aluminum caps have a larger pivot ball opening than the plastic caps. I even tried the optional steel pivot balls and they are too small, too. I think some people have used a piece of fuel line from a nitro car as a sleeve. But there has to be an official part from Arrma that actually fits, right?
I ran into the same situation when I bought the INTEGY piggyback shocks for my kraton 6s. There has to be something that some company makes that will fit.

Another thread mentioned Axial axa1356 Silicon Shock Bushings. I recently purchased these for 6S shocks on my Kraton 4S and they filled the shock end hole pretty well - and also provided some lateral padding in the 3S/4S shock tower. Prior to that, I shaved down the ends of some Arrma AR330515 pivot balls to fill the shock end hole, and anchored them in place in the shock tower with some small silicon washers which I clipped to fit that space.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back