Kraton 6s V4 front and Rear Diff. Oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I was going along replacing the bearings in the front and rear differential and realized that I have no oil. What oil should I use in the front and rear? Link would be good.

I'm running 60kF, 200kcenter,30kR.
Will try 500k cst center next rebuild.
Stock is 10k,100K,10k.
Most increase all the fluids from stock CST..
If you want to buy one single weight for just front and rear, try a bottle of 30k CST for both. But I would also definitely order at least 200K for the center diff to have on hand. The center will be due shortly if not yet. Do all 3 if you can in one shot.
I like Team Associated or Losi diff fluids. Others may chime in with their choices.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...l-fluid-2oz-30000cst-asc5457/p453215?v=223790

Kraton has a center diff? I thought it was front and rear.

If you have a 6S 1/8 scale Kraton….YES. The pinion gear of the motor attaches to the Diff gear. That is the Center diff.
If you have a 4S rig you don't have a diff. Just a slipper gear.

Dang,I wasn't aware of that. Just saw it in the manual. So my Eddys kit should have the bearings for that also?
So 200k for center and 30k for front and rear.

Absolutely. The differential bearings (2each x3diffs) BTW are the same size as the 4 outboard wheel hub bearings. Hope that helps. You should count 10 identical bearings. 6 for the 3 diffs and 4 for the outer wheel hub bearings. The 4 inner wheel bearings are very wide/large. They are obviously different. ( weakest ones that fail easiest IMO.)
Just follow the manual's blowup diagram. Maybe take some picts when you disassemble. It helps. Then match up the FE bearings to replace.

Last edited:
It does help,appreciate it. Makes sense now since I had two spare bearings.

Because we play in sand and woods a lot I run in all 6s trucks for us front 200k, rear 200k and center 500k
I all 3s and 4s trucks 500k front and rear,
And all of our crawlers either get 1mil or spools.
I do realize that it is hard on parts but for us and the way we drive I don't mind.

Set them to suit your driving.
I have read on here several folks start at 30/200/30
Somehow I imagine that is well better than stock any day.

Set them to suit your driving.
I have read on here several folks start at 30/200/30
Somehow I imagine that is well better than stock any day.
Its a start. Yet, I see myself with 500k center next rebuild for sure. I have a bottle on hand. Want to keep my f/r lower for better steering on grass and some street. I want less ballooning on the grass/dirt. I have belted tires for the street. The street tires chew up fast with a heavy rear fluid. hard to find that comfortable medium.:LOL:

Alright Ill get some 30 and 200. Thank guys. How much oil is needed in each diff?
I know a bottle of Team Assoc. will fill at least 3+ diffs for sure. You just top them off. Check out some great diff videos out there. @Rich Duperbash has some good ones and there are others too. Arrma has one also. Watch many first to get familiar with the process. Thats what I did. And I am not new to diffs and RC. Arrma diffs have their own nuances about them. Just take your time. I spend hours doing diffs. I find relaxing though. Keep your table clean of debris and dirt as you clean and rebuild. that's all. All old fluid has be removed . examin]e all gears and parts before assembly. Keep diffs separate during the process. it helps.

Ok,ill look. wasn't sure how much since they are apart. If the 500k would help the ballonning,then Im all in for that.

Its a start. Yet, I see myself with 500k center next rebuild for sure. I have a bottle on hand. Want to keep my f/r lower for better steering on grass and some street. I want less ballooning on the grass/dirt. I have belted tires for the street. The street tires chew up fast with a heavy rear fluid. hard to find that comfortable medium.:LOL:
We started this whole RC thing with crawlers and as fun as bashing is that really is where we stray back to often.
We have property up north here in Michigan and it is all sand and loose.
So we prep mainly for that.
If things break in the middle well it is just wrench time.

I got into crawlers after my TeknoMT. Wanted an Arrma first but Hobbico dumped as I was about to pull the plug on my first Arrma OC. Crawlers are so different. But also fun. I had a hard time liking them at first. But now I understand Crawling. And they don't break as much. But man can you spend money on them like crazy.

We have Axial and Redcat mainly.
I have often thought of building an Arrma crawler and set aside a Kraton 4s and parts for it just haven't devoted the time to it yet.

We have Axial and Redcat mainly.
I have often thought of building an Arrma crawler and set aside a Kraton 4s and parts for it just haven't devoted the time to it yet.
(y) (y) Harley designs and SBG did a PL Profusion 4x4 and made them into Crawlers and comped them at the PL event. That would be creative using the Arrma as a donor rig. IS is hard to deal with as Crawlers go. Got to drop the gearing real low too. Lockers etc. Fun project.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back