Kraton 6s v4 servo upgrade -> don't know how to finish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr006

Reaction score
Hey guys,
With the help of the awesome folks in our community (thanks @Custnam ) i was able to upgrade my servo with the amazon one.

But i don't know how to finish it.

Can anyone send me a pic of their setup on how to wrap this project up?

The stock servo has a horn thats high.. but i can't get it off for the life of me. tried wd40, etc...and i'm pretty sure i've destroyed it at this point.

IMG_0528.jpg

Is there a new link i need to buy? Because there is a huge gap there on the y axis, even if i could get the x axis to match up.

IMG_0529.jpg

does that mean this would solve all my problems?

Hot Racing AON48SH25 Aluminum Fixed Link Steering 25t Servo Arm Arrma 1/8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIN281C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_O80VFb644YZ54?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Do I need the hot racing brace as well ?
Not sure if that will solve all you problems, but will certainly provide you with the missing steering link! I just upgraded the composite link on my Typhon with this hot racing one a couple of weeks ago - so far I can tell that the aluminum link removes a noticeable amount of slop and tightens steering response.

As for the chassis brace, if you do any air at all, I would definitely suggest replacing the composite ones with aluminum. For the price of the Hot Racing braces, I would suggest going M2C.

Heres is a couple pics of my set up for reference. I am using the same servo as you, but I have the HR servo mount, and the HR Fixed Steering link. Using these caused an issue where the servo link and the bellcrank did not line up. The servo arm is a bit higher. So if you see in my pics I added some plastic spacers so it would be level. You don't have to use the same spacers. Several washers will work too, but you will need a longer screw. I think the one I am using is a 3x22mm. Hope this helps you get your steering together.

PS: You don't have the buy the HR steering link or HR servo mount either. You can use a stock Arrma parts. But you might still have to use some spacers if they don't align right either.

20201126_122017.jpg
20201126_122025.jpg

Heres is a couple pics of my set up for reference. I am using the same servo as you, but I have the HR servo mount, and the HR Fixed Steering link. Using these caused an issue where the servo link and the bellcrank did not line up. The servo arm is a bit higher. So if you see in my pics I added some plastic spacers so it would be level. You don't have to use the same spacers. Several washers will work too, but you will need a longer screw. I think the one I am using is a 3x22mm. Hope this helps you get your steering together.

PS: You don't have the buy the HR steering link or HR servo mount either. You can use a stock Arrma parts. But you might still have to use some spacers if they don't align right either.

View attachment 111142View attachment 111143
Thanks bud, i replicated what you suggested and it's all working out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back