Kraton 6S V4-V5 Fixed Servo Saver Disassembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice simple vid, can be done on the bench by pushing down on the top with a socket.. but I did notice when doing mine and from see your vid that there is not threadlock on the thread like a lot of people seems to state there is.
20210308_184851.jpg

Nice! I’ve done it just by pushing up on the bottom and then clamping the nut in a vise when it pops up.

The key to any method, it seems, is to get access to the top ‘nut’ and fixate it solidly to get the assembly apart. I’ve done a dozen now and Loctite has never been an issue.

97DB622F-F242-4EB8-9A9C-1FC4134B70C0.jpeg

Nice! I’ve done it just by pushing up on the bottom and then clamping the nut in a vise when it pops up.

The key to any method, it seems, is to get access to the top ‘nut’ and fixate it solidly to get the assembly apart. I’ve done a dozen now and Loctite has never been an issue.

View attachment 133501
Good stuff. Nice easy method too. 👍

Mine didn’t have a huge amount of loctite, but in tearing down the car I’ve found quite a bit of inconsistency from the factory, so no doubt some people’s savers are gummed to the eyeballs.

For instance, the set screws retaining my front wheel hexes had no loctite, while the rear were totally sloshed in it and required a torch lighter in there to loosen.

Oh and thanks you two! Those two pictures conveyed more useful information than I found after 30mins of watching ‘disassembly’ vids on YouTube looking for what others were doing. 🤣

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back