6S-8S XLWB & LWB Big Buggies made from Typhon, Kraton, Talion and Mojave Bits 'n Pieces

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put these on today.
Aluminum Alloy 17mm Widen Wheel Hex Hub Drive Adaptor for ARRMA 1/8 Typhon Talion Kraton Senton 6S
Much Better Stance with the larger 139mm +/- method RC Tires.
Only problem I had is that the covered Hex Lugs I like and use are to shallow, these adapters are longer. So had to use a stock Hex Lug. Annoying.

(edit, added notes:
Kraton Hubs on a Typhon +24mm.
Extensions are right in there +/-, these are +30mm
Mojave Arms are +38mm with typhon/mojave hubs. +62mm with additional kraton hubs.)

Works Nice and the car is more stable a bit wider with these tires. I can also swing the ass around now without so easily flipping or rolling over. But for the Hoons, I think the narrower Typhon Hex Hubs are better. So we'll see how these new Hex Hubs hold up.

Once all was tight and working nicely I gave it a couple of dozen runs or more, used up a 8000mAh 6S Lipo.
Was Easily able to run Flat Out on the method RC tires. GPS was not with me but was definitely in the 70's.
Note: Motor temps were on the lower side. The ESC got normal Hot BUT the Battery Got much warmer than usual with these tires. I also ran it down quicky. But Motor and ESC temps were good and low, considering.

Good Dalek liked the tires Much more today. Maybe a new favorite. It still sits up like a buggy, the springs heavy, oil thick. Man does it take the road bumps and manhole covers Very well, gets up to speed fast too. Thats those taller 139mm tires, when it works for you.
I turned the motor timing down to 15 and the punch to 3. Much Better!

Big Wolf has big feet so needs Big Boots!
The same tires just look silly on it and doesn't perform so well.
Its too Large Now. It can Really take a 1/5 tire. Would look nice on it too. Needs a Stronger Motor for the weight and large diameter but would be epic. But thats why I built Good Dalek, to run smaller MT tires and Street tires. Its got a nice feeling ratio with the Kraton Chassis. The extended Hubs make it nicer as a Buggy.

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3491.jpeg

IMG_3490.jpeg

Big-Small-Tires.jpg

Last edited:
This Build Blog is maybe more so for New Arrma Hobbyist or Enthusiast that want to learn, as I am.
And the Cost. Oh the Costs!

Be Prepared to spend on the support items like TIRES!
This is what ive gotten so for just these 2 Buggies alone.
11 extra pairs or 44 tires. Thats like $700-850
Necessary and disposable.
You'll need a Big Duffle Bag to keep them in.
And its Just the Beginning... i want so many more.

~ Bad Wolf 6S ~
ARRMA dBoots Back-Flip MT 6S (stock Notorious BLX/EXB 6S)
172m X 97mm, .5 Offset 17mm Hex, 280g/each

ARRMA dBoots Copperhead2 MT (stock Kraton BLX/EXB 6S)
169m X 97mm, .5 Offset 17mm Hex, 330g/each

(will be adding soon enough) method RC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED 1/8TH MONSTER TRUCK TIRES
172mm X 82mm, offset 17mm Hex, 416gr/ea

~ shared ~
methodRC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED
139mm x 58mm, 17mm Hex, 212g/each

ARRMA dBoots Fortress (stock Mojave 6S)
139m X 42mm, Offset 17mm Hex, 230g/each

Duratrax Sixpack MT Belt 2.8" Mounted Tires
136.4mm X 70.2mm, Offset 17mm Hex, 238g/each

Duratrax Bandito MT Belt 2.8" Tires
135mm X 70.2mm, Offset 17mm, 245g/each

~ Good Dalek 6S and share some with 3S Typhon~
ARRMA dBoots Katar (stock Typhon 6S)
117mm X 44mm, 17mm, 118.75g/each

ARRMA dBoots Hoons 53/107 2.9 Belted Tires, White Compound (stock Limitless, I believe)
107mm X 53mm, 17mm Hex, 177g/each

ARRMA dBoots Hoons 53/107 2.9 Belted Tires, Gold Compound
107mm X 53mm, 17mm Hex, 177g/each

Duratrax Bandito 1/8 Buggy Tire C2 Mounted Spoke Tires
107mm X 45mm, 17mm Hex, 132gr/ea

ARRMA dBoots Hoons 43/100 2.9 Belted Tires, White Compound
100mm X 43mm, 17mm Hex, 111g/each

Last edited:
The Buggy Brothers.

Iffy on the rain today. But Bad Wolf is getting impatient.
Season is coming to a close up here in the northeast Appalachian mountains.
In the low 40's at night now.

My only 6S Lipos are being cycled. If that doesn't fix them the way Hoovo is expecting, looks like they will replace them.

So we'll go out on some on 3S and 4S today.
Some New Boots. Fortress and BackFlips.

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

That Poor Table!
Its about 75 years old. Mid Century.
Mica top was the New rage in the late 40's-early 50's.

IMG_3581.jpeg

Last edited:
I promised the Buggy Boy's that Everyone would get a turn!

Bad Wolf was pissed and made a bif Fuss. Hates the (2) 2S Lipos, says they make'em look silly. But the new Big BackFlips were Okay.
(2) Hoovoo 2S 5200 80C Lipos. Lasted like 2 seconds. I mean, we got there. Started ripping the field and it was time to go. Sucks them dry in no time.
We were gonna go to a Zees 3S 8000 100c but he had a tantrum and Bad Wolf was sent into timeout for the rest of the day.

NEW dboots BackFlips. Very nice on 4S, they are better than the Copperhead2 MT's.
Over a freshly cut, damp grass field we Hit up near 60mph on the 4S, as short of a run-time as it was.

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3628.jpeg
IMG_3597.jpeg

Good Dalek Ran these New dboots Fortress Tires today for the first time, on 3S. (6S Lipos were not available)
They fit and feel Excellent on the 6S Stretch Typhon thing. What I was looking for.
Mind-Blown. Loved them!

We did Near 50 Over damp grass, on 3S 100c 8000 Zeee's. Oh and with a 8000mAh we got there. Ripped the field, then the street, then back to the field. The the Energizer Bunny!
We'll see what 6S do to them soon.

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3631.jpeg
IMG_3601.jpeg

And the 3S Typhon got some Love. Zee 3S 100c 8000 mAh Lipo.
Its so small and light. Slinky. The stock Shocks just kind of suck. They leak, ive filled them a few times in just a few months and I don't even use it much. Too soft. But FUN! I have heavier oil it in now and its still too soft and slinky, squirrelly at high speed.
We ran dboots Hoons 100, They are soft and flexible. Maybe too much so.
Was hitting a normal, near 70 with them and it'll do mid 70's all-day-long with 107's.

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3607.jpeg
IMG_3634.jpeg

Last edited:
As unbelted tires go for the grass ( slippery terrain)...
The BF's are way better than the CH 2's. A superior Moto-X tread that always digs in. Th CP 2's are useless IMHO. Tried 2 sets of them years back. They are my shelf wheels now. Don't like them on any of my rigs. Makes the rig handle like a toy RC. A Clumsey feel with them.
And the BF LP's are even better than the 6s BF's IMHO. They balloon much less. Lower profile.

You were very right, got these BACK-FLIP MT (ARA8611V5) from a Notorious (from JRC, who else). They don't balloon very much on 4S. Haven't tried them yet on 6S. Better and less mussy or clumsey, as you said for sure.

The dBoots Fortures tires from the Mojave are Fantastic, was Shocked how well they performed. Best Buggy Tire Ive tried yet! At 3 and 4S at least.

is a BACK-FLIP LP different?

ARRMA dBoots Fortress (MOJAVE 6S EXB), Multi-surface tread pattern
139m X 42mm, .5 Offset 17mm Hex, 230g/each

Last edited:
Yeah many go to the Mojo 6s Fortress on their buggies/Typhon for bashing. Basically a smaller modified BF tread IMHO.. It is zero offset and fits the bill. Bites into most terrain well. It follows a SCT design wheel in its proportions. Larger inner bead/small outer bead. Makes the tire more rigid, minimal ballooning on 6s IMHO. Works.

Earl Moorhead/YT has been struggling with the Belted MethodRC Mojave tires. Traction is horrible for off road anything. His rig is all over the place, like it is running a set of Hoons on Grass and dirt.
The Method's tire's tread looks more like an On road tire if you look closely.
Earl even stated that it Balloons anyway, despite the belting. The tire stretches/balloons at the side walls not at the tread areas. So it not so much a Pizza cutter when it balloons like most Non belted tires. But does expand.
Check out Earls recent videos on his Mojo. He can only barely get 73mph with them on grass. (8s) With the Methods.

Last edited:
The Mojave Tires are Great!
Good Dalek 6S
EXB LSD Center Dif, 3.3 BLX OD F/R, 50spur/23pinion
Mojave Fortress Tires 139mm diam
Hoovo 6S 100c 8000mAh Lipo

Broke 80mph on the street with them. 70 over Grass field.
This current tuning is working nicely. I need to replicate much of this to Bad Wolf. Maybe try the Backflips at 172mm on this rig, see how it does.
And the methodRC's. See how much higher we can get this up too. YES, its running Very HOT!

Its more than a little scary watching this coming at you on the street or the field! Nutty. Aero is starting to come into effect strongly now. Next hurdle.

IMG_3808 copy.jpg

IMG_3811 copy.jpg

Winter is Coming!

IMG_3804 copy.jpg

IMG_3787 copy.jpg

what are the shock oil weights on good dalek these days?

I have a set of Powerhobby belted defenders landing today but may obtain a set of mojave takeoffs just because.

hows the balooning on the mojave tires?

what are the shock oil weights on good dalek these days?

I have a set of Powerhobby belted defenders landing today but may obtain a set of mojave takeoffs just because.

hows the balooning on the mojave tires?

Talion EXB Shock Towers
Typhon Front Shock Body, 70mm, 7.7 lb/in Springs, 1x2x8 pistons, 1000cst
Typhon Rear Shock Body, 85mm, 6.2 lb/in Springs, 1x2x8 pistons, 800cst

The tires don't balloon horribly like the Cooperheads2 Pizza Cutters. When I put the 23 pinion on it I noticed more pizza-cutter shape starting but that was at full throttle, 70-80mph. Ive not tried the Talion tires yet, i think these at 139mm are great for field bashing and random nastiness. And the bogging or cogging with the 23p isn't so bad, with a 172mm tire it chokes more.

Winter is Coming!
IMG_3845.jpeg

Good Dalek 6S EXB-LWB, Widened Hubs. EXB LSD Center Dif, 3.3 BLX OD F/R, 50spur/23pinion, 6S 100C 8000mAh on Pavement with;

methodRC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED 139mm x 58mm, 212g/each
Pulled between 88 mph (lowest run) and 96 mph (fastest), speed went down on the runs as the battery depleted. First few full throttles were over 90mph. Faster, by far, than the dBoots Fortress at 139m, 230g/each.
Now that it's colder out these methodRC tires are working out better.
When it was Hot they were too grippy, to easily backflipped and tumbled.
Cooler and they're not back flipping easily and its staying fairly level, controlled ballooning, stands taller.
Takes the road bumps Very easily, its Still a Truggy! Not a road car.
Damn Fast Big Buggy. And on Stock Spectrum Electronics. But this is beatign the Snot out of the ESC and Motor. Very Hot, I let it chill every few runs for a bit. The cold weather helps.

IMG_3864.jpeg

ARRMA dBoots Back-Flip MT 6S 172m X 97mm, 377g/each
Could hardly reach mid 70s without ESC cutting out, motor HOT and LOTS of back-flips and turtle skids. Not Good!
Tire is To BIG for this Buggy. Not wide enough and the Electronics can Not handle this gearing. Just keep cutting out close to high throttle.
I was going to take it to the field but the grass was too Wet!

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg
IMG_3863.jpeg

Turtle Skids near full throttle! Ruined Another body but its fine.
Back-Flip MT's Not Okay on pavement with this gearing.
Because thats what you get. 👇
IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

These picks are looking NW and SE.
By two weeks time all the leaves will be orange. Following week there'll only be sticks and Pines, till Spring.
There is only 1 block that cuts my block in half and its the main road to another town, You can tell by all the traffic how dangerous it is at the stop sign. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :D
That total distance is the original village, edge to edge and maybe twice that long. The town has stretched past those blocks but much later on and not by that much - small town in a small valley, like a tree lined bowl.

Last edited:
B8FED8CB-E383-4FF3-A69F-D02986CE28D1.jpeg

E1C29099-6D4C-462F-98CB-6E11A2188DFE.jpeg

Ran Nutty Fast today, over grass!
Planted and Solid, it’s cold out but it was still getting Hot!

Scared a Dad and his kids nearby. He wasn’t convinced the car wasn’t going to Kill them.
Can’t Blame Him.
Daleks are never Good.

Do you know what size standoffs you need to fit typhon body on xlwb chassis?

Do you know what size standoffs you need to fit typhon body on xlwb chassis?
I believe both a 35mm and a 50mm or 55mm... But it depends on where your front pin is located.I used the center bar brace and moved the front shell pin forward 5mm.
Then I ended up not using them. Too long.
I used Velcro to hold the body down. It actually works better.

This is a LWB chassis. Keeps ripping apart.
IMG_3906.jpeg

XLWB Chassis, with Velcro.
IMG_3738.jpeg

They found themselves a few Bunny-Trucks to play with.

IMG_4115.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe both a 35mm and a 50mm or 55mm... But it depends on where your front pin is located.I used the center bar brace and moved the front shell pin forward 5mm.
Then I ended up not using them. Too long.
I used Velcro to hold the body down. It actually works better.

This is a LWB chassis. Keeps ripping apart.
View attachment 260236

XLWB Chassis, with Velcro.
View attachment 260237

They found themselves a few Bunny-Trucks to play with.

View attachment 260238
View attachment 260239
Thanks bro. I've actually had my body rip like that on my stretch typhon too. Maybe velcro is the way to go 🤣

Thanks bro. I've actually had my body rip like that on my stretch typhon too. Maybe velcro is the way to go 🤣

To use the velcro you cant use the Typhon sides, they're to short. yeah, the body's get hammered!
Im using the Mohave sides and there's enough overlap of the body to realy grab hold. Its WAY more sold that any clips. Takes 2 hands to rip it off. Love it!
IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

Relocated from hole.

IMG_4124.jpeg

IMG_4125.jpeg

Hes been sitting by the door all day, with his towel.
The others always have an excuse. Its too cold, my beerings need oil, my tires are too small... Always an Excuse!
Bad Wolf is like a perpetual baby pitbull.
So we went to the park.

IMG_4319.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

don't panic and always carry a towel!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back