Vorteks 7.4v bec on a jx ecoboost 35kg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercer1987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m currently running a jx ecoboost 35kg servo on the stock 6v bec setting but have felt like it just isn’t performing as well as I expected,just recieved my new program card in the mail and while increasing the punch setting I thought I might as well try upping the bec to 7.4v, it definitely seems faster and more powerful while testing on the bench, but my question is am I likely to burn it out as soon as I get it out for a rip? Also the stock arrma fan is spinning a lot faster which should help temps but can it cope with the extra volts?

If it’s an HV that’s where it’s rated @7.4V for 35kg

If it’s an HV that’s where it’s rated @7.4V for 35kg
I don’t think it is a hv, the only stats I can find on it show 4.8v and 6.6v, just had another look and it’s actually a 30kg, I’m worried that the extra .8v might damage it, I can’t find any info what voltage the stock arrma motor fan should be running on? any recommendations on a better hv servo I could order just in case it does burn it out

Eco boost makes a HV version. Make sure to check the speed measurement spec on the servo. The ecoboost 30kg is .12 at 6.6v. I normally look for something.10 or less for a decent price.

A lot of people put higher voltages in their servos with zero problems. I know I've done it for the large majority of my servos and I've only ever ran into a problem one time and that was with a poop traxxas servo. If it was me I'd pump it to 7.4 and enjoy it.

I ran my JX Ecoboost at 7.0v and it died on me after a few packs so your results may vary.

I ran my JX Ecoboost at 7.0v and it died on me after a few packs so your results may vary.
Same here. They also must have changed the way they make them in the last year or more. They just don’t last anymore.

I wonder if their 1/5th scale 7.4v servo is better? I've run that one at 8.4 since I've gotten it and it's still working great.

I installed the

CLS6336HV 36KG​

It works fine. 7,4volt, Hobbywing ESC. Stock ESC was on the limit because of BEC Amperages! Fast steering on the table the fans slowed down.
And don't worry about stock "fans". Get some rocket (motor) /yeah racing (esc).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back