Typhon 70mph Typhon MEGA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Feel free to tell me my areodynamics are wrong and I need to put hoons on it. I know. But then it wouldn't be a Typhon MEGA anymore. :ROFLMAO:

I'll just leave this here.
PXL_20210421_030156387.jpg

Last edited:
Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I'll explain afer I'm done with my zoom.

Feel free to tell me my areodynamics are wrong and I need to put hoons on it. I know. But then it wouldn't be a Typhon MEGA anymore. :ROFLMAO:

I'll just leave this here.
View attachment 141006
What radio is that?

Nice! I put the 4s system from my Kraton in my Typhon Mega and got 53 MPH. I don't remember the gear combination off the top of my head, but I'm still running it with the stock tires as well. No front wing on mine but it handles really well. I'm sure I could gear it up and get in the 70s. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nice! I put the 4s system from my Kraton in my Typhon Mega and got 53 MPH. I don't remember the gear combination off the top of my head, but I'm still running it with the stock tires as well. No front wing on mine but it handles really well. I'm sure I could gear it up and get in the 70s. Thanks for the inspiration!
It's not 70mph yet. Thats my goal. LOL
I think I got around 50-55 mph.

STL3. I put a tire on it from a walmart RC car. :ROFLMAO: I like it way better.(y) It gives me more steering travel too so it's easier to control at high speeds.
Nice I've been wanting to do something similar to my DX2E as it just has a ginormous plastic wheel on it.

The ESC can do 6s, the motor can supposedly do 6s, and I ran 4s. 2 2s 1500mah batts. The only ones I have with Deans connectors.

It has a Goolrc 2050kv(I think, somewhere around there) motor, and a 150amp ESC.(can't remember the brand) I put a BLX slipper set up, and I bought it with some metal bigbore shocks. The rear diff is stripped out so I'm planning on getting the hotracing one for the BLX if it will fit in the MEGA. If they're worth it. I have an 18T pinion on right now and I want to put a 20T or 22T on.

Any recomendations would be great!

PXL_20210421_033254935.jpg

Nice I've been wanting to do something similar to my DX2E as it just has a ginormous plastic wheel on it.
I want the ginormous wheel, gives better control.

I don't want Yours, I just like the big one.

If you get the new diff make sure you check the tooth count for the diff and the input gear on both the front and rear to make sure they are the same. I know they make different tooth counts for different models. I don't know off the top of my head if the Mega has a different tooth count than the 3s model.

If you get the new diff make sure you check the tooth count for the diff and the input gear on both the front and rear to make sure they are the same. I know they make different tooth counts for different models. I don't know off the top of my head if the Mega has a different tooth count than the 3s model.
The current Mega has the same diffs as the current BLX. The previous models had different gearing and an all plastic diff input gear.

I just took my diff out and it is a 37t ring and the input is a 17t. Same as the BLX. I guess i'll get the hr one.
The current Mega has the same diffs as the current BLX. The previous models had different gearing and an all plastic diff input gear.
Okay, thanks! It sounds like I have the current model.
Wowee! $100 for the diff case, ring and pinion and yolks. Is it worth it though?
https://hot-racing.com/?c=1466_Arrma_1:8_4x4_Typhon_550

I'd suggest first you need better batteries 1500mAh aren't going to get you much. Second dean's are the worst connections for even bashing let alone speed runs. And some better tires as those stock tires will blow about 70 mph.

I'd suggest first you need better batteries 1500mAh aren't going to get you much. Second dean's are the worst connections for even bashing let alone speed runs. And some better tires as those stock tires will blow about 70 mph.
Yep! I know. I'm planning on putting EC5 connectors on and using two 3s 5200mah batteries. Maybe run on 50% so its about the same as a 5s battery. I was just running my Redcat volcano batteries because that was all I had for deans. I wasn't going to wait. :ROFLMAO: I will definitly get better tires once I start getting above the 60s.
Thanks for the input!

I'd suggest a single 6s pack as even that is a tight fit where dual packs you'll have to raise the body for sure. And 50% will more so be like a 3s pack as you'll learn with speed running there's a lot of voltage sag so even a good 6s pack will usually drop voltage to or below 5s voltage.

Okay. I have a question. My rear diff is stripped. Should I get the hot racing set for $100 or get another stock one and use better throttle control. Will the plastic one melt at high speeds? I didn't really word it the best, but you get what I mean.

Keep pushing. Stock difs and slipper with a 27t pinion. She'll take 6s no problem but your tires might not.
20210227_171929-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd suggest a single 6s pack as even that is a tight fit where dual packs you'll have to raise the body for sure. And 50% will more so be like a 3s pack as you'll learn with speed running there's a lot of voltage sag so even a good 6s pack will usually drop voltage to or below 5s voltage.
Okay. I'll think about it. Thanks! 50% on 3s is like 100% on 2s so I thought 50% on 6s would be like 100% on 5s.🤷‍♂️

Okay. I have a question. My rear diff is stripped. Should I get the hot racing set for $100 or get another stock one and use better throttle control. Will the plastic one melt at high speeds? I didn't really word it the best, but you get what I mean.
I'd suggest just going stock and really work on long smooth throttle pull. Until you get up a lot higher in speed the stock diffs should do ok. And you'll save a lot as even with metal diffs you can still tear them up with hard throttle etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back