Senton 70mph with stock electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy1124pr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Voltage
So I been messing around with my Senton6s(Stock) doing speed runs, bashing off roadind etc. As of right now I have only used it on 4s(5200mah 50c) and on the 14t pinion I was hitting around 35mph. The speed bug bite me and I went ahead and order the 20t pinion from the Talion, drop in and now the car is hitting 46mph that is a 11mph improvement just with a 7$ pinion(From Jenny’s RC). This got me thinking that maybe it’s possible to hit 70mph on 6s. My 6s Lipo is supposed to get here today(5200mah 75c). Let’s see how it goes.
BA94907C-3B89-4133-B0DD-FBB0F422B0D2.png

I got my 6s battery (5000mah 75C) last week, been having a hard time trying to do a full pull on this thing. First thing was the tires, I got a Cheap set from Banggood they were doing ok on 4s but as soon as I switch to 6s they blew up. I went back to the DBoots Sidewinders but they are starting to fell apart. the fastest speed I have manage to reach was 50mph but run out of space. I'm thinking on getting a set of GRP S7 tires or do you guys have any other recommendation?

Got my hands on some GRP S5 tires and manage to hit 62mph, I thought that it was going to be faster on the 20T pinion but still 62 is fun enough.
Problem is the GRP's have a small rolling radius compared to the standard wheels/tyres so that'll lose you some top end speed compared with the standard size set up.

If you really want to go fast with the Senton 6S though it is definitely possible with some gearing alterations (& more). This video below of a Senton 6S is still running the standard motor...

If the Senton motor mount is the same as the Typhon then you'll be able to go up to a 23T pinion maximum before you'll need to change to a centre spool and different spur gear to allow you larger pinion gears.

Does anyone have the info on the max amp output for the BLX-185 black motor? I just can't find it anywhere.

Problem is the GRP's have a small rolling radius compared to the standard wheels/tyres so that'll lose you some top end speed compared with the standard size set up.

If you really want to go fast with the Senton 6S though it is definitely possible with some gearing alterations (& more). This video below of a Senton 6S is still running the standard motor...

If the Senton motor mount is the same as the Typhon then you'll be able to go up to a 23T pinion maximum before you'll need to change to a centre spool and different spur gear to allow you larger pinion gears.
Do you by any chance know the pitch for this pinions?

So after a few months after truggifying the Senton and using it as my main basher I did a refresh and pick up speed runs/ drag racing again. haven't had any official race yet but have done a couple of dig and roll racing without the three. Manage to beat a couple of Talions and Typhons, even beat a Talion running 6s roll racing with the Senton on 4s. Haven't done any official speed run yet but it has be doing more than 70mph on 4s with stock electronics, with the previous set up I manage to do 58mph on 4s now I'm running a bigger pinion and a smaller spur with thicker diff fluid.

So after a few months after truggifying the Senton and using it as my main basher I did a refresh and pick up speed runs/ drag racing again. haven't had any official race yet but have done a couple of dig and roll racing without the three. Manage to beat a couple of Talions and Typhons, even beat a Talion running 6s roll racing with the Senton on 4s. Haven't done any official speed run yet but it has be doing more than 70mph on 4s with stock electronics, with the previous set up I manage to do 58mph on 4s now I'm running a bigger pinion and a smaller spur with thicker diff fluid.
You say you did 70+ with stock electrics on 4S? What size pinion and spur? I’m surprised the BLX185 is still kicking at that level of gearing.

You say you did 70+ with stock electrics on 4S? What size pinion and spur? I’m surprised the BLX185 is still kicking at that level of gearing.
I’m tunning an Infraction spur gear wich is a 46T and a XO-1 pinion 29T. Plenty of speed with that combo, was thinking on getting a Integy motor mount and pit a 34T pinion and see how that goes.

Here was my 74 mph on 4s with the Kraton (same electronics as the rest of the 6s line) it was not breaking a sweat at all with this speed. Could have taken it further on 4s.

34t spur gear and 37 tooth pinion gear with GRP tires.
I later did 96mph with this same setup.
The Kraton has 10/43 diffs versus 13/43 on the Senton and Typhon, so you wouldn't need as much gearing as I had used.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back