Kraton 8 Year old Nephew and a Kraton - Training mode?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, I am going up camping with my family and of course I am bringing my RC convoy.

I have an 8 year old nephew that wants to drive my stock kraton 6s and I a little worried about him crashing it.... hard

Other than lowering the punch setting, which does not limit top speed, is there another setting I can set that would, say, limit the car to 40% power instead of 100%??

Depending on the transmitter you've got, you may be able to turn down the throttle limit. The STX2 has a 50%, 75% and 100% setting. Others have a dial where you can change it to whatever level you're comfortable with.

Depends on the kid. 8y.o. can range from "no way, you can't touch the car, don't ask me again" to "Here ...just be careful and don't go too fast"

Have a discussion with the parents about what will happen in the event he crashes the car.

Find an open-space area free of concrete walls and metal poles.

Have a serious discussion with the kid about how fast and dangerous these cars can be.

Limit the power to 50%.

Good luck!

I've taped a little piece of foam behind the trigger, and that has worked great in reducing top speed :)

I had to swap out the stock GARBAGE transmitter with my V4 for the Tactic TTX300. Does the Tactic TTX300 have that feature?

My 6yo daughter runs my 6s trucks on 3s and the speed is good, no crash. I have the spektrum dx5c and the rugged, both can lower the throttle limit on 6s if needed.

I had to swap out the stock GARBAGE transmitter with my V4 for the Tactic TTX300. Does the Tactic TTX300 have that feature?

Yes, the TTX300 has both steering and throttle endpoints but it's not that simple. From the manual:

To enter the programming mode, follow these steps:
1. With the transmitter turned off, turn steering wheel full right, pull the trigger to the full throttle position and turn the transmitter’s power switch to ON. The LED will fl ash to confi rm when performed correctly.
2. Release the wheel and trigger at this time.

Throttle:
1. Enter programming mode.
2. THROTTLE EPA: Pull trigger to the FULL THROTTLE position, use 3rd channel push buttons to adjust.
3. BRAKE EPA: Push trigger to the FULL BRAKE position, use 3rd channel push buttons to adjust.

So not really a practical solution if you just wanna hand over the Tx to someone else and quickly limit the throttle.

On radios with multiple model memory you can have one preset stored for you and one for newbs limited to a certain %.

Run 4s batteries in it! My 6-year-old does great with the Kraton 6s when only running 4s batteries on it. And I think the other important piece is to start in a really open field with no fence posts or anything until he gets a feel for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back