80a blx esc quit working!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Yesterday my esc decided to crap out on me. First sign was slow throttle response, then suddenly taking off or barely any throttle response. Anyway, I hooked up my leopard motor to the 80a blx esc and nothing. I hooked the 3600kv blx motor to a 60a esc and it works fine. The 80a blx esc I is dead, the fan still comes on and the lights, and the servo still moves. I don't know what could be wrong with 80a blx esc, it never smoked either. I sent hobbico a email and if I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'll be calling for sure!

break a solder joint from the ESC and the motor maybe on the ESC side

Could you explain this a bit more?

The Esc did work previously.
Is it still with the original servo and motor?
The original servos are notorious for destroying the BEC circuit of the Esc. But the BEC seems still to be working on yours.

And what about the capacitors? Are they not burned?

the Solder could have been a weak joint as in it wasn't soldered together properly, if it was weak and you were bashing you it could have broken free, the join i'm talking on is the main power from the esc to the motor. i have had this happen to me and it wouldn't provide power to the motor but since the BEC and battery are separate connections going in and out of the ESC from the motor this could be the reason. everything would work besides the motor.

I had the same issue with my BLX ESC around February of this year. I called them and explained my issue. They had me send in the motor and ESC. Less than two weeks later I had a new motor and ESC at my doorstep.

Yesterday my esc decided to crap out on me. First sign was slow throttle response, then suddenly taking off or barely any throttle response. Anyway, I hooked up my leopard motor to the 80a blx esc and nothing. I hooked the 3600kv blx motor to a 60a esc and it works fine. The 80a blx esc I is dead, the fan still comes on and the lights, and the servo still moves. I don't know what could be wrong with 80a blx esc, it never smoked either. I sent hobbico a email and if I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'll be calling for sure!
Call them. Don't need to wait. They will take your call and help you asap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back