Mojave 8s + belted mojave tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR

8s really is crazy!! Barely tap the throttle and car is ready to GET. I still can't fully get on the throttle; I need to wait for all the snow to melt haha. I really need to move the battery tray back up and maybe crank down the preload a lot more because it's ass heavy like a mofo. Look like the front wheels barely touch the ground with these fat 4s 100c yowoo graphene's. I barely even got them in the tray lol.

Temps were awesome with the tp 4060cm too, Every time I checked temps it was 100-110f with 22t pinion. Installed the expensive as poop castle blink too! Gotta be able to change lvc cutoff on the fly if i'm going to go between 6s and 8s. Apparently these yowoo graphene's aren't supposed to go below 3.7v.

Nice setup on the Mojo.
My Yoowoo Graph's. go below 3.7 no issue. 3.4 is my comfortable bottom limit. Any Lipo. Cutting at 3.7 is best for longevity, most life cycles out of them.. Any Lipo in regards.
Great lipo's IMHO. Mine are getting some age with speed running them in my Lim. and the IR's are pretty good and all cells close with IR's and balance well.

Last edited:
Nice setup on the Mojo.
My Yoowoo Graph's. go below 3.7 no issue. 3.4 is my comfortable bottom limit. Any Lipo. Cutting at 3.7 is best for longevity, most life cycles out of them.. Any Lipo in regards.
Great lipo's IMHO. Mine are getting some age with speed running them in my Lim. and the IR's are pretty good and all cells close wth IR's and balance well.
Thank you!!

I know yowoo tells you not to go below 3.7v which I thought was weird as all my other batteries told me not to go below 3.4. I think I went to like 3.5 once on a yowoo and it showed 0% left. Thought it was weird as my other batteries don't say 0% at that voltage.

Yeah, some other Lipo brands will say the same. 3.7v. I noticed that also. But I treat all my lipos the same. No issue. 3.4c/cell is the absolute bottom end, I try to avoid beyond this..
Surely any lipo that never goes below 3.7v as a rule, has better longevity. I think it is more of a Mfr. disclaimer. So you will get better service out of that brand's lipo. But applies to any lipo. Govern yourself accordingly. A personal call.
It can be hard to control when LVC will exactly cut off. Unless you have lipo Telem, or an accurate LVC ESC cut off. Or a Lipo Alarm. But that can be rare for many. Depends on the ESC in question. You have a good CC ESC there?

Last edited:
Yeah, some other Lipo brands will say the same. 3.7v. I noticed that also. But I treat all my lipos the same. No issue. 3.4c/cell is the absolute bottom end, I try to avoid beyond this..
Surely any lipo that never goes below 3.7v has better longevity. I think it is more of a Mfr. disclaimer. So you will get better service out of that brand's lipo. But applies to any lipo. Govern yourself accordingly. A personal call.
Definitely makes me feel a lil better as I was kind of stressing over these batteries and their 3.7v nonsense. There is no way to set spektrum esc and I don't think max6 lvc goes to 3.7 either haha.

What a beast. Subscribed to your YouTube channel. Been thinking about picking up a Mojave myself.

8s really is crazy!! Barely tap the throttle and car is ready to GET. I still can't fully get on the throttle; I need to wait for all the snow to melt haha. I really need to move the battery tray back up and maybe crank down the preload a lot more because it's ass heavy like a mofo. Look like the front wheels barely touch the ground with these fat 4s 100c yowoo graphene's. I barely even got them in the tray lol.

Temps were awesome with the tp 4060cm too, Every time I checked temps it was 100-110f with 22t pinion. Installed the expensive as poop castle blink too! Gotta be able to change lvc cutoff on the fly if i'm going to go between 6s and 8s. Apparently these yowoo graphene's aren't supposed to go below 3.7v.
These would work good for on road ripping.would be alot less body roll an squat...stiff mofouckers

Screenshot_20220118-164237_eBay.jpg

Definitely makes me feel a lil better as I was kind of stressing over these batteries and their 3.7v nonsense. There is no way to set spektrum esc and I don't think max6 lvc goes to 3.7 either haha.
Yeah unless you have an ESC that can be set to a specific voltage cutoff, it is nearly impossible to control an exact cutoff.
My HW Sensored XR8 Plus has this feature. Voltage selectable. But requires you to select the cell count in regards to be accurate or close enough. So switching between 4s and 6s, for instance, always requires a setting change.
Voltage Sag contributes to this based on the lipo quality. One cell may drop lower than the rest and trigger LVC in many cases. Usually happens this way.

What a beast. Subscribed to your YouTube channel. Been thinking about picking up a Mojave myself.
Thank you! and you should definitely get one, I didn't know what all the fuss was about but now I sure do. They are great and VERY different feeling to everything else in arrma line up.
Nice setup! I'm running the 4060cm 2080kv in my noto but just 6s and it's a beast for sure🤘🏼
Thanks! I actually read some of your posts on it before I bought it. Your comments on the temps actually made me worry a bit lol. I'm glad it's been working out so far, I love tp motors.
These would work good for on road ripping.would be alot less body roll an squat...stiff mofouckers

View attachment 193587
Thanks! funny enough I just ordered some hot racing nero springs for our kraton and notorious. I guess I might have to get some for the mojave too. I wish I had more off road spots to run but maybe one day I'll find that magical spot.
Yeah unless you have an ESC that can be set to a specific voltage cutoff, it is nearly impossible to control an exact cutoff.
My HW Sensored XR8 Plus has this feature. Voltage selectable. But requires you to select the cell count in regards to be accurate or close enough. So switching between 4s and 6s, for instance, always requires a setting change.
Voltage Sag contributes to this based on the lipo quality. One cell may drop lower than the rest and trigger LVC in many cases. Usually happens this way.

I really love castle esc for this reason among others. Max 6 lvc settings are childish in comparison, I can't even figure out what "low, med, and high" even mean. ;(

Thank you! and you should definitely get one, I didn't know what all the fuss was about but now I sure do. They are great and VERY different feeling to everything else in arrma line up.

Thanks! I actually read some of your posts on it before I bought it. Your comments on the temps actually made me worry a bit lol. I'm glad it's been working out so far, I love tp motors.

Thanks! funny enough I just ordered some hot racing nero springs for our kraton and notorious. I guess I might have to get some for the mojave too. I wish I had more off road spots to run but maybe one day I'll find that magical spot.

I really love castle esc for this reason among others. Max 6 lvc settings are childish in comparison, I can't even figure out what "low, med, and high" even mean. ;(
Ya I've had no issues so far just went to a 15t and it screams. I run a good 40x28mm fan though to keep it cool. Are you running the 2080kv as well?

Ya I've had no issues so far just went to a 15t and it screams. I run a good 40x28mm fan though to keep it cool. Are you running the 2080kv as well?
Yea i am, with 2x 30mm 28000 rpm fans. I have really low ambient temps though. Every time I'm outside its like 35-50f. Not looking forward to my first summer in the hobby. I bet i'm going to have to change pinions on everything haha.

Yea i am, with 2x 30mm 28000 rpm fans. I have really low ambient temps though. Every time I'm outside its like 35-50f. Not looking forward to my first summer in the hobby. I bet i'm going to have to change pinions on everything haha.
Ok, ya same for temps here also think highest we've hit in the last almost 2 months has only been 56°. You'll definitely have to gear down for summer and make sure to check temps often. Kinda surprised your not getting higher temps now especially on 8s with a 22t. I hit about 135° end of the pack on 6s but also I'm on throttle hard a lot as I've got 5 acres of nice soft sandy dirt.

Ok, ya same for temps here also think highest we've hit in the last almost 2 months has only been 56°. You'll definitely have to gear down for summer and make sure to check temps often. Kinda surprised your not getting higher temps now especially on 8s with a 22t. I hit about 135° end of the pack on 6s but also I'm on throttle hard a lot as I've got 5 acres of nice soft sandy dirt.
Haha I pray for 60f weather lol. I think the fact I randomly let the truck sit for a few mins at a time while I light a cigg helps. Though I feel like I did a lot of passes in that video and temps were good but to be honest I was never really full throttle. It definitely had a lot more in it, I'm just too scared to get on it with that road. I wish I had your 5 acres though I'd probably have high temps too. 😂

Lol yep hard to not be on throttle throwing a big rooster tail in the sand for sure. I've only really ran my speed rigs on road besides a few speed passes with my Granite and Kraton. Letting it sit like that will for sure help that's what I'll do with some of my other rigs that don't have good fans to cool them and then finish the pack.

Tell me more about these????
These are the stiffest springs I've found...for mojave the would stiffen everything up..less body roll,squating,an nose diving.would also lower truck cause they are only 65mm tall.perfect for heavy rides for on road ripping likes you an @Moirae are doing...truck will slide more than traction roll..but then not take bumps good at all..more bounce on bigger obstacles...22lbs/in!!!!!!!!!!

Screenshot_20220119-175053_eBay.jpg

These are the stiffest springs I've found...for mojave the would stiffen everything up..less body roll,squating,an nose diving.would also lower truck cause they are only 65mm tall.perfect for heavy rides for on road ripping likes you an @Moirae are doing...truck will slide more than traction roll..but then not take bumps good at all..more bounce on bigger obstacles...22lbs/in!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 193862
Nice! Might order some!!!

I think they have some 12 lb and 14lb springs as well. Could be a nice middle ground.

Ive run the 2.8 duratrax belted.for price they hold up well.real beadlocks on front..not sure on fitment on stock mojave. 5.4inchs.some come warped.but will balance out after some runs.good tires for under 70$ set of 4 that will handle -75mph 8s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back