Infraction 8S Drag Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blew the TP motor on the third hit. Was a decent hit too....

IMG_1128.PNG

Maybe the mamba 8s is not optimized for D wind motors as of right now? I know the XLX2 got an update beginning of February to address issues.
Yep there was an update in April for the MMX8S too but I am pretty sure it isn't really fixed yet. I ordered a Y wind 5650-1440kv from eBay and hope that will work better. Also ordered a 30mm PPS mount to hold it. Also grabbed 8mm pinions and a 46T spur. All in all, its going to be geared for 80-90mph and should make plenty of back to back hits without heat issues. At least that's the goal.

Did you find out what caused the issue yet ?? 3 passes isn't good for a motor that expensive 😩🤬
Is that motor a D wind ?

On a side note, how are the Sweep foams ??

Frustrating run buddy. Saw you'd nuked that motor, tough times!

D wind update for the mmx8s was April (couple of months after the xlx2). I'm only running wyes (chance, no design) so haven't noticed a difference at all.

Everyone if you order from. Tp directly ya have to make an account,only way ive found to contact tp is to sign into your account then message them..they will respond fast..this is the only way I know of to contact them...so best to buy from them 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️loving this build jd.did have problems getting 6s senton parts???an did they cost ya???

Did you find out what caused the issue yet ?? 3 passes isn't good for a motor that expensive 😩🤬
Is that motor a D wind ?

On a side note, how are the Sweep foams ??
One bolt stripped in the mount so I haven’t gotten to the rotor yet. I will drill it out another day. Got better things to do. About to throw the whole thing away honestly. Yes it was a D wind.

Foams were surprisingly good for three passes. Way more traction than I anticipated. Jury is still out but glad I tried them.
Frustrating run buddy. Saw you'd nuked that motor, tough times!

D wind update for the mmx8s was April (couple of months after the xlx2). I'm only running wyes (chance, no design) so haven't noticed a difference at all.
Yeah I have the update for the MMX8S but it didn’t seem to make a difference as this is the third time I’ve nuked this very motor. Last two times it just lost magnetism. This time it locked up.
Everyone if you order from. Tp directly ya have to make an account,only way ive found to contact tp is to sign into your account then message them..they will respond fast..this is the only way I know of to contact them...so best to buy from them 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️loving this build jd.did have problems getting 6s senton parts???an did they cost ya???
I do order directly and response is hit or miss. I still ordered another TP but a Y wind 5650 1440kv but found it in stock on eBay in Cali. Hope it comes faster than the other one I ordered direct four months ago that hasn’t arrived yet.

Nice build Jon ! Its time to downsize that 8s rig to a 2s rig... 132' ft is a shorter walk to pick it up when she blows... J/K lol. I have faith you will have that rig running straight and fast in no time!

Nice build Jon ! Its time to downsize that 8s rig to a 2s rig... 132' ft is a shorter walk to pick it up when she blows... J/K lol. I have faith you will have that rig running straight and fast in no time!
Thanks man. I really think it’s gonna run great from the three passes. That last pass was very well controlled until the motor locked. It cut out mid pass and still gave me a PB.

Which tires did you use and how did they hold up? We’re you on concrete or asphalt? I just converted my dads infraction to a 1520 combo and I have a 1717 limitless. Nice build.
Thanks. These are the tires I used. Jury is still out as I only made 3 hits before the TP locked up. But, they seemed to hook really well on the road I was running on, which is old asphalt.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/Swee...AM-TIRES-for-GT8-17mm-HEX-2pcs-set_p_873.html
You have a knack for killing motors. Between you and Mr Talbot you’d do well with frying electronics.

jus sayin 😂
At least I’m reliable 🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻

I just did mine tonight I put the Bluetooth link in it does it tell me how fast is going?
Also I have 1 pack of 3s gensacearespammers 8000 mah can I run those with this set up I don’t want lvc to ruin my esc I need help !

E5D01559-4068-4319-BDAF-33EA83941602.jpeg

8BEF2ECA-D11B-4EDD-B1D2-2FA332F66158.jpeg

5B402D45-CA9A-4B1D-A911-53A75AF08CFD.jpeg

Now that the TP 4050CM 2300kv has seized, I stole the 1717-1650 and PPS mount out of the other speed running Infraction as it has other issues awaiting parts. I may just put the big can TP I ordered into the speed runner and keep the 1717 in the drag car anyways.

Today I am going to try 18/50 gearing on 8S, which is below the estimated 80mph that I like to gear for, but I want to build up and see exactly where my sweet spot is. Hoping for some 0-40 passes below 1.20. 🤘🏻

Went out today to make some test hits. Setup was:

MMX8S/1717-1650 combo
2 x 4S SMC lipo (8S)
Motor 18T/50T
Diffs GP5 15/42
Sweep Foams

1843954B-C811-4F6F-B06E-6922CCF1A702.png

Went out today to make some test hits. Setup was:

MMX8S/1717-1650 combo
2 x 4S SMC lipo (8S)
Motor 18T/50T
Diffs GP5 15/42
Sweep Foams

View attachment 153349

Just a hair over 1 second to 40mph. That's darn quick!
Seems like the foams do well!!!

I expected that a small amount of tire slip is a good thing. Might even be a little easier on the dog bones/out drives too.

Still not sure if the 6-pole issue is resolved with the xlx2 yet. Might be best to stick with the 1717 4 pole motor for a while.

Just a hair over 1 second to 40mph. That's darn quick!
Seems like the foams do well!!!

I expected that a small amount of tire slip is a good thing. Might even be a little easier on the dog bones/out drives too.

Still not sure if the 6-pole issue is resolved with the xlx2 yet. Might be best to stick with the 1717 4 pole motor for a while.
Yep that’s what I was thinking too. Stick with the 1717-1650 in the drag car for now. Plenty of power for these types of hits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back