Infraction 8S Drag Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and smoke’n motors! 😝
I’m not much better with the crashing tho..
Hey I watch your vids too bro 😎 🤣🤘🏻

That poor 8S with the busted ass 🍑 😱

So after the realization that I put GP4 diffs in this car to be able to hold the power of a drag hit, I need to work on some gearing. I ordered a 40T spur gear so I am able to use both a 0-40mph pinion and 188ft pinion without changing the center diff/spool. The PPS mount allows from 61-80T TTC. So I can run 21/40 @ 52mph for 0-40 hits and 34/40 @ 84mph for 188ft pulls. I can also build up to 40/40 @ 99mph for 188ft pulls if it will take it. Time will tell.

I also have three sets of foams on the way, so tires will also be explored. This is gonna be a fun July.

See y’all in a week or so. 🤘🏻

Packs make this hard to do.but useing 5s or 7s would be another option. 7s could be a game-changer, could it be perfect about of power,plus less weight🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Maybe. Not sure weight is super critical at this point. I could step down to 6S with a higher KV motor, but I would need to buy 3S packs to keep weight distribution even.

Edit: I just remembered that I have a 6S motor in my T3S. 4050CM-3200kv 🤔

My 3rd (second replacement) 1717 1650kv did the same thing today. The second two to come apart were the updated versions with the qr code on the can.
I have sent both the motor and MMX8S in for warranty. Pretty sure the ESC is to blame as it has been connected to almost every motor I have had burn up. I will have to wait and see what they find.

I have sent both the motor and MMX8S in for warranty. Pretty sure the ESC is to blame as it has been connected to almost every motor I have had burn up. I will have to wait and see what they find.
Keep me posted if you don't mind. I'll give em a shout Tuesday. I've already emailed Thomas. Im actually TP power shopping right now. I really like sensored temp readings and crawling but it is worth 70 extra bux......ughh

Edit:
I can't honestly say mine have been on the same esc. Before I bought multiple mmx8s I played musical escs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back