Infraction 8S Drag Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep me posted if you don't mind. I'll give em a shout Tuesday. I've already emailed Thomas
Will do. They should have the motor already and I have the ESC boxed and ready for the mail tomorrow.

Ha. Im kind of bummed. I own several rcs but haven't run a arrma in a while and this is what happens. I've been playing with these

20210622_162144.jpg

Last edited:
I finally found this....you use Castle and TP motors cause EVERYONE else huh? Still FOLLOWING......SMH.... don't you want to be your own MAN?
XlX 340amps
340x2 =680 amps
340x4 = 1360 amps
Battery SMC 9200 90c
9.2x 90 = 828
9.2x 90 x2 = 1656
9 2x 90 x4 =3312
That's how you calculate on paper......
You finally got it right? WHO SPEEDRUNNER step up did you FOLLOW......LMAO Bookmark this for YOUR future reference.......lmao......
Correct me if I'm wrong......
Had to come to your house to make sure you did that HOMEWORK you don't feel LESS than a Man COPYING from your CLASSMATES

I finally found this....you use Castle and TP motors cause EVERYONE else huh? Still FOLLOWING......SMH.... don't you want to be your own MAN?
XlX 340amps
340x2 =680 amps
340x4 = 1360 amps
Battery SMC 9200 90c
9.2x 90 = 828
9.2x 90 x2 = 1656
9 2x 90 x4 =3312
You finally got it right? WHO SPEEDRUNNER step up did you FOLLOW......LMAO Bookmark this for YOUR future reference.......lmao......
Had to come to your house to make sure you did that HOMEWORK you don't feel LESS than a Man COPYING from your CLASSMATES
You finally found the post on the front page. You're a genius. Give yourself a clap on the back.

Proud Saved By The Bell GIF

Decided to take a bunch of spare parts and do a Drag specific Infraction build. This thing hasn’t taken its first roll yet, so this build is the preliminary specs and are subject to changes.

View attachment 152748

A keen eye may notice it has a slightly narrow wheelbase. It was made with Senton 6S arms and CVDs. This will hopefully track straighter than the stock Infraction width. It will also allow me to try using 53/107 Hoons on all four wheels and still get the Infraction body on.

View attachment 152749

For this build, I decided to give some drag foams from Sweep Racing a try. These are the 442525 GT8 Max Forward drag tires. No idea yet if they hook as well as GRP S1’s, so this is not an endorsement of them yet. But they look sick, came perfectly balanced, and appear to run true on the bench when ran. Hoping for decent grip too.

View attachment 152750

On the rear I have a custom Basherqueen wing. This one is using the standard BQ side wings and a custom horizontal wing that I asked her to cut for me. It’s currently mated to the vertical wing via 10 degree 3D printed blocks that I made. Not sure how much downforce is needed for drag hits, so this is mostly for appearance sake, as well as add some rear weight. It might get removed if total weight becomes critical. Being CF it’s pretty light.

View attachment 152751

This build is using a Castle MMX8S ESC along with a TP Power 4050CM 2300kv motor. Currently am running a 50T center diff with a mix of silicone plugs and 500k CST. Initial gearing will be a 15T pinion. Front and rear diffs are GP5 15/42 (EDIT make that GP4 EXB diffs) with 500k CST. With this gearing on 8S, I’m look at about 83mph top end.

Running a DS3225MG servo, Flysky FGr4S receiver, and upgraded ESC fan. Might add a motor fan later if temps seem high.

View attachment 152754

Other odds and ends are RCAWD center driveshafts, which have held up on multiple high speed passes in the other Infraction. I changed this out for Scorched RC shafts after some other members here had issues. For a drag setup, these should be fine.

View attachment 152755

I am running QS8 lipo connectors and stock lipo trays. I have an EXB front upper suspension mount and pins. I also have a CF top plate. Droop is slammed up front about as low as I care to try and about 5mm higher in the rear. Front shock collars are all the way up using rear springs. Rears are all the way down and very firm. The front doesn’t compress much, but the rear will squat under load. Hoping to get some rear weight transfer.

View attachment 152760

Last bit to mention is the aluminum front splitter from eBay. Not a big deal but I think it looks nice. My original V2 Infraction body was pretty destroyed from multiple speed run crashes, so I bought a replacement used body from a member here in the classifieds and will take photos with it when it arrives.
Nice man, awesome build !!! What kind of motor you have in there and esc?

Nice man, awesome build !!! What kind of motor you have in there and esc?
It is now an MMX8S and 1717-1260kv motor, but it might go big block soon. I have a handful of motors that might make the cut and just can’t decide on which one. I am also waiting for my SMC SRD packs. They finally came today and were the wrong ones.

XlX 340amps
340x2 =680 amps
340x4 = 1360 amps
Battery SMC 9200 90c
9.2x 90 = 828
9.2x 90 x2 = 1656
9 2x 90 x4 =3312

This math assumes a lot.
There is no LiPo that outputs over 65c. Manufacturers claim higher C-ratings to sell batteries and no governing body exists to stop them.
Also the capacity isn't per spec, but closer than the C-rating anyway...

You can educate your self and correct your homework with this resource https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

Decided to take a bunch of spare parts and do a Drag specific Infraction build. This thing hasn’t taken its first roll yet, so this build is the preliminary specs and are subject to changes.

View attachment 152748

A keen eye may notice it has a slightly narrow wheelbase. It was made with Senton 6S arms and CVDs. This will hopefully track straighter than the stock Infraction width. It will also allow me to try using 53/107 Hoons on all four wheels and still get the Infraction body on.

View attachment 152749

For this build, I decided to give some drag foams from Sweep Racing a try. These are the 442525 GT8 Max Forward drag tires. No idea yet if they hook as well as GRP S1’s, so this is not an endorsement of them yet. But they look sick, came perfectly balanced, and appear to run true on the bench when ran. Hoping for decent grip too.

View attachment 152750

On the rear I have a custom Basherqueen wing. This one is using the standard BQ side wings and a custom horizontal wing that I asked her to cut for me. It’s currently mated to the vertical wing via 10 degree 3D printed blocks that I made. Not sure how much downforce is needed for drag hits, so this is mostly for appearance sake, as well as add some rear weight. It might get removed if total weight becomes critical. Being CF it’s pretty light.

View attachment 152751

This build is using a Castle MMX8S ESC along with a TP Power 4050CM 2300kv motor. Currently am running a 50T center diff with a mix of silicone plugs and 500k CST. Initial gearing will be a 15T pinion. Front and rear diffs are GP5 15/42 (EDIT make that GP4 EXB diffs) with 500k CST. With this gearing on 8S, I’m look at about 83mph top end.

Running a DS3225MG servo, Flysky FGr4S receiver, and upgraded ESC fan. Might add a motor fan later if temps seem high.

View attachment 152754

Other odds and ends are RCAWD center driveshafts, which have held up on multiple high speed passes in the other Infraction. I changed this out for Scorched RC shafts after some other members here had issues. For a drag setup, these should be fine.

View attachment 152755

I am running QS8 lipo connectors and stock lipo trays. I have an EXB front upper suspension mount and pins. I also have a CF top plate. Droop is slammed up front about as low as I care to try and about 5mm higher in the rear. Front shock collars are all the way up using rear springs. Rears are all the way down and very firm. The front doesn’t compress much, but the rear will squat under load. Hoping to get some rear weight transfer.

View attachment 152760

Last bit to mention is the aluminum front splitter from eBay. Not a big deal but I think it looks nice. My original V2 Infraction body was pretty destroyed from multiple speed run crashes, so I bought a replacement used body from a member here in the classifieds and will take photos with it when it arrives.
Looks a little like my limitless that o have had up to 93mph so far on just 6s. So you should get more out of your setup. Let us know if those tyres are any goood!! 🤙🏻

Looks a little like my limitless that o have had up to 93mph so far on just 6s. So you should get more out of your setup. Let us know if those tyres are any goood!! 🤙🏻
Lol this is a drag build, not a speed runner. My speed runners have been over 130mph 🤘🏻🤣

I love learning from everybody's experiments on this site. This project is just one more thesis paper to learn from. Thanks, JD for this post and giving me more to look at and learn. I'm still playing catch up with electric coming from nitro fun. And while I don't plan on drag racing any knowledge is helpful..
XlX 340amps
340x2 =680 amps
340x4 = 1360 amps
Battery SMC 9200 90c
9.2x 90 = 828
9.2x 90 x2 = 1656
9 2x 90 x4 =3312
WOW! What a bonafied douche. Apparently his tool box wasn't deep enough to last more then a month.

Last edited:
Little update… made some CF center driveshafts from the RCAWD shafts I had installed. Also installed a spool instead of the 46T diff. Plan on testing this setup soon.

04FF577C-9048-455C-A8B5-9ADEF273114A.jpeg

Is that that Leopard motor you recommended? Looking good so far.
Yep it was just something I had on hand. I likely will be swapping back to a 1717 on this build. Might put an XLX2 in there as well. Can’t decide.

Also figured out that Felony Rear Large Hoons fit all around on the Infraction V2 if you swap to Senton width arms and shafts. They barely tuck under the body. I had to raise the front one notch. The body had already been trimmed to fit BSR foams on the speed Infraction.

4BC12FD0-B9D2-49D8-83B7-09DD27C1977A.jpeg

Also figured out that Felony Rear Large Hoons fit all around on the Infraction V2 if you swap to Senton width arms and shafts. They barely tuck under the body. I had to raise the front one notch. The body had already been trimmed to fit BSR foams on the speed Infraction.

View attachment 173801

Those Senton 6s arms and CVDs are like gold right now. Cant find them anywhere!

Looks good!

Those Senton 6s arms and CVDs are like gold right now. Cant find them anywhere!

Looks good!
Love the senton6 option,not alot of us running it.ive been running gpm senton6 cvds on all 4.31$ compared to 50$ for stock.much better than stock.thicker an don't wear as fast.

Screenshot_20211013-080531_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-081052_eBay.jpg

Love the senton6 option,not alot of us running it.ive been running gpm senton6 cvds on all 4.31$ compared to 50$ for stock.much better than stock.thicker an don't wear as fast.

View attachment 173899
“4.31$” is that something you made up bruh? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back