Infraction 8S Drag Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Decided to take a bunch of spare parts and do a Drag specific Infraction build. This thing hasn’t taken its first roll yet, so this build is the preliminary specs and are subject to changes.

8BF4945E-19B9-4D44-BAAB-AA755AF13696.jpeg

A keen eye may notice it has a slightly narrow wheelbase. It was made with Senton 6S arms and CVDs. This will hopefully track straighter than the stock Infraction width. It will also allow me to try using 53/107 Hoons on all four wheels and still get the Infraction body on.

92058F45-DD66-4123-9708-17970294202A.jpeg

For this build, I decided to give some drag foams from Sweep Racing a try. These are the 442525 GT8 Max Forward drag tires. No idea yet if they hook as well as GRP S1’s, so this is not an endorsement of them yet. But they look sick, came perfectly balanced, and appear to run true on the bench when ran. Hoping for decent grip too.

0621D929-7C76-4F32-8CC3-4ADAE0A41C64.jpeg

On the rear I have a custom Basherqueen wing. This one is using the standard BQ side wings and a custom horizontal wing that I asked her to cut for me. It’s currently mated to the vertical wing via 10 degree 3D printed blocks that I made. Not sure how much downforce is needed for drag hits, so this is mostly for appearance sake, as well as add some rear weight. It might get removed if total weight becomes critical. Being CF it’s pretty light.

9C332E2C-884B-4053-BB7C-1E454439D571.jpeg

This build is using a Castle MMX8S ESC along with a TP Power 4050CM 2300kv motor. Currently am running a 50T center diff with a mix of silicone plugs and 500k CST. Initial gearing will be a 15T pinion. Front and rear diffs are GP5 15/42 (EDIT make that GP4 EXB diffs) with 500k CST. With this gearing on 8S, I’m look at about 83mph top end.

Running a DS3225MG servo, Flysky FGr4S receiver, and upgraded ESC fan. Might add a motor fan later if temps seem high.

6419252D-9E7E-40B4-B0A7-E26603C51FC7.png

Other odds and ends are RCAWD center driveshafts, which have held up on multiple high speed passes in the other Infraction. I changed this out for Scorched RC shafts after some other members here had issues. For a drag setup, these should be fine.

3D14730E-1C74-4027-B8ED-5AE690D2C206.jpeg

I am running QS8 lipo connectors and stock lipo trays. I have an EXB front upper suspension mount and pins. I also have a CF top plate. Droop is slammed up front about as low as I care to try and about 5mm higher in the rear. Front shock collars are all the way up using rear springs. Rears are all the way down and very firm. The front doesn’t compress much, but the rear will squat under load. Hoping to get some rear weight transfer.

DEE2514D-7D8B-493F-80DD-7418F6BB8A0E.jpeg

Last bit to mention is the aluminum front splitter from eBay. Not a big deal but I think it looks nice. My original V2 Infraction body was pretty destroyed from multiple speed run crashes, so I bought a replacement used body from a member here in the classifieds and will take photos with it when it arrives.

Last edited:
I love the 8S drag idea. A few of ur in my area want to do unlimited drag builds but limited to 1/7 scale and 8S but rear wheel drive only for realism and to make it more of a challenge as most of us are real life drag racers
These are hard to go straight fast with AWD. Can’t imagine RWD 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣 If you can make clean 8S passes with RWD then you deserve a lot of credit.

I'm a tad jealous of ur TP motor though. I think he next motor for my next limitless will be the TP 50 series motors. Well I've been drag racing for a few years, some of the tricks we use do carry over to the rc world.

I love the carbon though. now I have to pick up a sheet. My Infraction is next for upgrading. I found a brushless motorone of my local hobby shops has imported. A 1600kv 8S motor same dia as the firma 2050 but about 3/8 of an inch longer, and so far on 8S it's quit spunky.

Does'nt duct tape make you go faster, I mean nascar swears by it.
My current body could really use some but I only have Gorilla brand on hand and word is it’s too heavy and adds drag 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤘🏻

My current body could really use some but I only have Gorilla brand on hand and word is it’s too heavy and adds drag 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤘🏻

Does that make you a drag queen? 😜 OK I'll go stand in the corner again. 🙄

@jondilly1974 ... Now this is interesting 🤔 gonna watch how you progress with this one..!!

A few of ur in my area want to do unlimited drag builds but limited to 1/7 scale and 8S but rear wheel drive only for realism
This could be the newest and hardest class in our drag run section..!! Infraction/Limitless converted to RWD only class..😉

jondilly1974 you beat me to it! I just finished up my own 8s infraction drag build two nights ago, inspired by all you out there putting up good numbers on the 188ft. and 0 to 40.. I'm calling it old ugly, ill post some pics up tonight

Well I have been told that ArrmaForum decals have been known to increase RC speeds up to 20MPH... I can not confirm or deny this though. :D

You know how to get them if you want them. ;)
I have had a problem ordering Arrma forum decals, my payment went through but the decals never arrived .im in the UK so don't know if this is a USA thing only but had to reclaim my money back. not hear to complain would just like some decals to show my support.

I have had a problem ordering Arrma forum decals, my payment went through but the decals never arrived .im in the UK so don't know if this is a USA thing only but had to reclaim my money back. not hear to complain would just like some decals to show my support.
Well they are free if you PM Woodie 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

I would love to show up of our local areas with arrma forum stickers for the traxxas guys to see, i can smugly look their way and say oh, nice traxxas you got there, cute. I do still have my Jato 3.3 though

Here she is, old ugly.. a Frankenstein of Limitless/Infraction/Typhon parts with an XLX and Castle 1717 on 8s. Running a spool instead of center diff, and 500k fluid front and rear diffs. Its on a very well used set of GRP S1’s that have seen multiple speedruns.
The wing is the low downforce wing from the Typhon, but I may end up not using any wing at all.. Not sure if it’s really needed since this is going to run on sticky tires, go straight only, and only up to 80mph or so.. I already removed the nose piece, splitter, and rear diffuser and the car doesn’t seem to miss them, it runs pretty straight. I’ll use the stock Limitless body, maybe cut it down in the back to accommodate the Typhon wing..
So far I’ve only had a chance to try out two pinions, will test more this weekend.
There’s a few concepts of drag setup that I’m in the dark about, such as do I want to induce more weight transfer on launch for traction like with 2wd cars or, with an all wheel drive platform like this car, do I go with a firmer shock setting and try to keep it flat and even

EDB0AD36-424B-4344-9E14-4DF14EF6B5C7.jpeg

742C8AA5-1310-494C-AF22-59FF1EAE0FBC.jpeg

Would a longer motor benefit this build at all? Looks like you might have an inch or two to move the motor mount back if you drill 3 countersunk holes in the chassis. You need to use kraton center rear driveshafts or similar length (x2).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back