Kraton 8s esc issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmore74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 3s
my kraton keeps shutting down and HH has already sent out a new esc and it does the same! ugh!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum! I would say its something other than the esc if this one is doing the same. How long will it run before it shuts down? What is the temperature of the esc at shut down? Do you still have steering? What batteries are you running? we'll get this straightened out.

awesome!!!! yes spectrum 5000 50c about 100 ft to 300ft before shut down i have never tested esc temp but it never seems hot to touch. yes i have steering

That's really odd. Its almost sounds like its thermal protection but if this is the 2nd esc I highly doubt it. Have you tried recalibrating the transmitter and receiver? Any lights on or blinking? Without it in front of me its hard to tell what to do.

i got the dxc5 receiver and i have almost gotten to point of not needing book to recalibrate esc. i tried putting in a two channel receiver today but it wouldnt work so i rebinded the orginal and fully charged batts and went out with high hopes and this s*^t again!!!!
might i add that this car always eats my batts to low cell HH has sent me at least 3 new ones.

Hmm, do you have more than one set of batteries to try? Maybe set esc to low lvc to see if you get more time out of it, to try and rule out the batteries. I changed my motor back to the stock one stock esc as well and get around 20mins or so out of 6500mah lipos the lvc set to high.

Last edited:
my kraton keeps shutting down and HH has already sent out a new esc and it does the same! ugh!!!!!!!!!
I’m having a problem with my Kraton 8s ESC also and now I’m beginning to think that the ESC in the first Kraton 8s are faulty. I‘ve lost 2 batteries so far because LVC didn’t kick in and battery was drained to low. I emailed (I couldn't find there phone number) HH and 5 days later they replied that batteries must be at least 50c , 29.6 v , 5000 mah for 4s as stated in manual. I was in compliance so I’ll be sending the ESC into HH hopefully for a replacement. I wonder if Kraton 8s ESC version1 are faulty reminiscent of Xmaxx version 1 ESC having major problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back