Felony 8s Felony rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But is it the same size as the 2050kv motor from spectrum?
Sorry I have no idea. the 1520 is a 40mm motor. That's the best I can tell you. If you look at my build thread you can see it mounted in the stock location. Think the 1717 fits in the stock location also. Click on my build thread link below my avatar.

Sorry I have no idea. the 1520 is a 40mm motor. That's the best I can tell you. If you look at my build thread you can see it mounted in the stock location. Think the 1717 fits in the stock location also. Click on my build thread link below my avatar.
sorry I should have just looked it up from the start. it is the same size 40x74
Thanks for helping me out I hope I can get my camera working so I can do a update post tomorrow.

I believe you can at least get up around 120 mph with the setup you have. Amperage limiting of the ESC will be your biggest road block from reaching 130+

Also the corvette body. Who makes it? Is it stiff? You may have to re-enforce it with fiberglass.
It will probably need some sort of rear wing also.

I believe you can at least get up around 120 mph with the setup you have. Amperage limiting of the ESC will be your biggest road block from reaching 130+

Also the corvette body. Who makes it? Is it stiff? You may have to re-enforce it with fiberglass.
It will probably need some sort of rear wing also.
So, the original owner clams he had it to 127mph.
It is the Pro-Line C8 body I am thinking about carbon fiber reenforce it, is doing it with fiberglass better?
Thanks for checking this out I enjoy your input and I have learned a lot from you.

So, the original owner clams he had it to 127mph.
It is the Pro-Line C8 body I am thinking about carbon fiber reenforce it, is doing it with fiberglass better?
Thanks for checking this out I enjoy your input and I have learned a lot from you.
Carbon fiber is indeed better, but materials are not readily available at your local auto store or wal-mart like fiberglass is...
Also costs are a consideration.

Fiberglass would do the job just fine and chopped strand matt will fit into the small tight spaces more easily than carbon woven fabric will.

Update #2

I have striped the electronics off the chassis. now I plain on cleaning it up, and then I will start on the front and rear assembles why I wait on my spool.
I was planning on getting some purple foams (on @Edough13 recommendation) but with the new GRP's coming out I think I am going to order some, what one should I get? I would like 130's rated.
P1020210.JPG

While taking the wires out of the receiver box the red fan wire snapped in half, this fan was in an esc fire when the original owner had it so I am going to a local guy that I know, fix up the wire for me. I am thinking about just replace the whole thing. Do you guys think I should get a new wire (from the fan to the receiver) or should I just get a new fan (please give links to your recommendations)

P1020248.JPG
P1020250.JPG
P1020206.JPG

Sorry about the bad photo quality my Canon is broke :cry:. so, I had to use a point and shoot.

Thanks @chevyrumble for the idea, numbering my updates.

Also, with the old ones on sale I should scoop some up, but I have never boght GRP's all I need is a good tire that can do 130s
Side note about GRP tires. Hobby Heros is having a sale on old style GRP's right now,
They are $20 a pair instead of $30

Also, with the old ones on sale I should scoop some up, but I have never boght GRP's all I need is a good tire that can do 130s

They are $20 a pair instead of $30
GRP's are good, but you might be exceeding the limit getting into the 130's. People have, but more have seen failures. With speeds up in those numbers, you should start considering foam tires from Gone Bananas or BSR. Check the Speed Demon section of the Forum and you'll get a good idea on what people are using at these higher speeds.

GRP's are good, but you might be exceeding the limit getting into the 130's. People have, but more have seen failures. With speeds up in those numbers, you should start considering foam tires from Gone Bananas or BSR. Check the Speed Demon section of the Forum and you'll get a good idea on what people are using at these higher speeds.
The plain is BSR purple, but if the new GRP's are rated for 160 why should i not use them?

The plain is BSR purple, but if the new GRP's are rated for 160 why should i not use them?
Figured you were thinking of stocking up on the old ones. My bad.

I was thinking about it if they would be good to 130s but since they are not do you think that i should go with "NEW" GPR's or BSR purples?

There are mixed views about foams vs rubber tires.
It is my personal believe until you get to 130 mph GRP rubber tires see less crashing. The do require good balancing and BSI IC2000 glue around the beads for extra safety.

I think the new GRPs fit your goals well. There is a little unknown there because they are new and un-tested, but I suspect they will hold up well to the 100-130 speeds you will be doing over the next few months.
Once you reach 130+ then swap to foams.

Driving foams has it's own learning curve. They require a little more feel to find the grip which grp's have full range.
Also foams don't like rough cornering.
- If it's your only car and not dedicated to speedruns only
- you are not planning to upgrade the esc and stay in the 120+ range

GRP's will be the best option.
I dare to say, driving foams is a necessity for real high speed, not a luxery.

I've never gone that fast, so it's not fair for me to comment. Maybe @K-BASH @jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii @Edough13 @Taztaz @rotauq @Harriot10 @j$24 or some of the other speed runners can chime in.
Thanks for pinging all the speed-runners!
hold up well to the 100-130 speeds you will be doing over the next few months.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I live in north IN it is 28F with snow right now, it will be April before I will do 60mph. But thanks for the input and maybe by that time some will be tested in the 150s

Not plaining on upgrading but hoping for the 130s. it is a straight-line car only, so it is speed-runs only (Just because it is my only Arrma does not mean it is my only RC car:D) also just having an 8s Felony is a bad idea I would say you should be in the hobby at least 1y before you get this much power and size. I was in the hobby for 10 months pretty hard core and it still took 1-2 months for me to adapt to it and by that time the ground was getting cold and getting 70mph felt as hard as 110mph (94 is my top and it was EZ I just need more room.

Last edited:
There are mixed views about foams vs rubber tires.
It is my personal believe until you get to 130 mph GRP rubber tires see less crashing. The do require good balancing and BSI IC2000 glue around the beads for extra safety.

I think the new GRPs fit your goals well. There is a little unknown there because they are new and un-tested, but I suspect they will hold up well to the 100-130 speeds you will be doing over the next few months.
Once you reach 130+ then swap to foams.

BSR purple or Gone Bananas are all I will run going forward with what we know today.

Driving foams has it's own learning curve. They require a little more feel to find the grip which grp's have full range.
Also foams don't like rough cornering.

I dare to say, driving foams is a necessity for real high speed, not a luxery.
Thanks gentlemen. Best advice from the best of the forum as always.

Thanks for pinging all the speed-runners!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I live in north IN it is 28F with snow right now, it will be April before I will do 60mph. But thanks for the input and maybe by that time some will be tested in the 150s

Not plaining on upgrading but hoping for the 130s. it is a straight-line car only, so it is speed-runs only (Just because it is my only Arrma does not mean it is my only RC car:D) also just having an 8s Felony is a bad idea I would say you should be in the hobby at least 1y before you get this much power and size. I was in the hobby for 10 months pretty hard core and it still took 1-2 months for me to adapt to it and by that time the ground was getting cold and getting 70mph felt as hard as 110mph (94 is my top and it was EZ I just need more room.
For what it is worth if you go with the GRP tires, I always ran the super soft compound during all seasons.
As long as it was about 50 F. and sunny the S1 tires did ok.

For what it is worth if you go with the GRP tires, I always ran the super soft compound during all seasons.
As long as it was about 50 F. and sunny the S1 tires did ok.
Nice, I had/have white Hoons. The last time I ran it I maxed out at 40mph after that it would wipe out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back